Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-31-06, 12:11 AM   #13
nrdstrm

Default Re: When rude people annoy the hell out of one

The thing that really pisses me off lately, is all the haters on VG. Many people say "Yeah, but people have broken the NDA and said it sucks". No **** people who break the NDA are going to say it sucks! Someone that is ENJOYING beta will NOT break the NDA, or they loose thier spot in beta! I have "heard" from people in beta that while it still has a ways to go, alot of progress is being made, and the game is coming along rather well...While they didn't provide any specifics (for fear of being kicked), I am willing to bet that is how most people in beta feel...Will the game be "Next Gen", "Just a fun MMO", or "sucks completely" remains to be seen. We will all have to make up our own minds if we get in beta or play on launch. Unless of course you already dislike it because of the "elitist" EQ guys (whatever)...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 04:33 AM   #14
nutball
International God of Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTÖRHEAD
P.S. The devs have stated that you will have to level up your adventure levels to progress in other spheres and complete quests involving other spheres. Check out the forums if you don't believe me and ask around.
That wasn't what they said at all. They said that in order to be the best in game you'll need to be the best in all three spheres. Which is statin' the bleedin' obvious I think.

What they didn't say was that in order to have an enjoyable experience as a crafter that you'll need to be a top-level adventurer... in fact they said precisely the opposite.

There's more to MMOGs than the size of the number which follows you around "Level XX".
Old 09-03-06, 05:55 PM   #15
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Should have just killed the prick there and then dammit.
Shame you can't permanently erase people off that thing for good, like in real life. LOL
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-06, 06:00 PM   #16
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Should have just killed the prick there and then dammit.
Shame you can't permanently erase people off that thing for good, like in real life. LOL
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 04:21 PM   #17
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
When is that going to be released?

Oh and Son, welcome to WoW.
Thx... Actually, I've been so busy leveling some guys, I haven't had as much time to post of late

In any case, a few other peculiarities I've run into...

- I can take my Paladin into Stonetalon Mountains, Desolase, or even the Barens, and most horde players that I run into there seem cool about it, and aren't first thinking "gank the sh** outa him" I've even had some horde members come up, and help me with quests/kills in stonetalon... Of course, I'm not on a PvP server now; however...

There are the few people who for instance want to raid Goldshire Someone in my guild actually ran into this lvl 22, who ran from him, and started ganking Goldshire. I mentioned something through guild chat, and the person was like "yeah, I saw this guy in Darkshore, was he? Yup, it was him" Ran up, and got him with his hunter only 1 lvl higher.

So the next thing one knew, a whole raide began on Goldshire, where one guild member with a lvl 60 paly, who's also got rank 10 or so was like "OK, that does it. Goldshire is being raided for real. What a stupid place to raid. At least kill where there's a challenge If anyone needs me..."

- When this person took my lvl 12 hunter down to Thunderbluff, to tame a rake, he waved at the guy, who then started yelling whatever in Orkish, made rude gestures, wanted to hostile, but he was 14, and the person taking me was 25 On the other hand, when we got to TB, there were others as polite as can be, faction be danged

Well, my elf hunter now has a really cool cat, for a companion...

- Now that my paly is lvl 31, I can't seem to go many places, without someone begging me for gold... Course I have my own skills, new blacksmithing recipees to buy and what not; but some figure I'm the bank now

In some ways I don't know if it's good or bad to have become so popular with my lvl... It means, getting parties (even for places I'm not heading, when I'm flying on a gryphon or hypagryph up above) requesting I join them... It also means that while trying to quest, I can have 20 people all whispering me at once for something or other...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 01:20 PM   #18
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

you want rude, try the xrelm BG's, dear God.

I think no matter how carebear the server is, there will always be some shinnanigins about stupid stuff. But there are times if I could heal an aliance toon (I play horde) I would, but I settle for helping them out depending on their mood.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 01:37 PM   #19
Son Goku

hehe, that one guy was just plain stupid I can almost gaurentee that as time moves by he'll have to play in contested lands, to progress his character any further. On my Paladin, and trying to grind Darnasus rep (I want a tiger mount), it's a must...

Not to mention the person just waved at him, while helping me get to/tame an elite cat for a pet, only found in Horde lands, showed up to him as a ? for lvl. He could have just as easily been lvl 60, as lvl 25, and this guy would never have known Besides, there are quests (like the lvl 20 lock quest) which sends people travelling. And that's not to mention, peeps can get sick of the same zone/site after awhile and want to go exploring some. One just needs to know/figure out how to get about...

Meh, I've got a friend who likes to start a lot of new chars; OK, except that I've grown rather tired of Ellowyn forest. Even though most of my guys are Night Elves, a trapse through Wetlands at lvl 1, so we can play together there. If he goes suggesting again that we might get more chars on other servers (though I really would like to get some guys up in lvls, for better items, and more of a chance to explore about some); I'm going to suggest they be Horde chars. If only so I don't have to keep doing the same low lvl quest yet again
Old 09-26-06, 02:18 PM   #20
Son Goku

Oh man; some peeps More recently, well lets see

So, when Aman'Thul was down last week for the 36 hour retrofit, I created some guys on another realm. But not wanting to go back and do the same n00b quests again and so soon, I created several horde guys. Well anyhow, I now have a realm with my alliance guys, and one with my horde...

Lots of peeps from the same realm came over, and created guys of opposite factions. However, it turned into big discussions about which faction sux, some more regulars wondering what just happened... Meh, the factions aren't all that different, and tbh if one goes to play the other side, why troll?

The flip side I saw, and even after the outage, was the alliance on the second realm doing all the same stuff that the horde did on the first... I still don't get the rationale behind going to n00b zones as lvl 60, to kill off lvl 1s. It really doesn't prove who's the better player, and though one might get honor, there's really no "honor" in what amounts to taking candy from a baby...

So I'm back on Aman'Thul with my rogue, who well a friend got on his lock and summoned to Ratchet. My pally goes there at times, and all seems cool. But instantly, my rogue (was lvl 8), and all the lvl 17s want to duel... First guy, all was cool, I just declined, he greeted me, I bowed to him, all was well. The second starts making rude gestures and what not...

Umm, let me see, 9 lvls lower and in a NEUTRAL PORT, why would I want to do that? The Horde and Alliance go fighting each other in neutral territory, right in front of the Steamwheedle Cartel, and the gaurds will gank one. The Steamwheedles don't take kindely to that sorta thing Besides, I decided to go with Goblin engineering on my rogue for the bombs, weaps, and stuff. Can't exactly afford to make the goblins unhappy as a faction, if I want to learn their trade skill

Old 09-27-06, 05:10 PM   #21
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

I can't stand the ganking on Shadow Moon(PvP)...I grit my teeth and got my Hunter to 43 but I just can't take it anymore, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, there's always a high level(or group of high levels) Alliance that kill me....its a total pain, I can hardly complete anything, especially now that I have to quest him in contested areas...on the other hand I have to gank any Alli that I see, before its done to me..... this ruined the game for me, so much so I re-rolled a new Hunter on a PvE server and am much happier now...
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 11:50 PM   #22
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Ahh yes, such is the life of a pvp server. I personally enjoyed the thrill and fear of being ganked while leveling. Added an element of excitement that you will never get in battlegrounds, or on a pve server. The best part of it all is when you could turn the battle to your favor, and camp the sorry fools till they start crying to their guildies.

If you guys are having a hard time with leveling on a pvp server, might I suggest traveling in groups. This dissuades a lot of people from ganking, even high level toons who may think you're an easy kill alone. Speaking of high level toons, if you have any friends who are relatively high level, there is no harm in asking for their help.

You guys honestly had it a lot easier than I did. I leveled my main (undead warlock) back before we had any buffs and fear was nerfed to near uselessness. Rough times, but I'm glad I made it through since I now have one of the most powerful pvp classes available.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-06, 04:51 PM   #23
Son Goku

I think some people just take certain aspects of a game that is meant to be fun, a little too seriously. I mean when people start expressing abject hatred towards each other, because of their character's faction; umm, in the end we're all players, trying to do the same thing

As much as I don't get the ganking, I also don't get joining up as the opposite faction, and cursing people out (yes I even saw that, to the point the person doing it could get banned); simply because their main toons are the faction one doesn't like. And on 2 seperate servers; I've seen this go both ways... It's almost like a group of fanATIcs and Nvidiots yelling at each other over what gfx card they prefer