Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-25-06, 04:26 PM   #37
Son Goku

Default Re: *** Official EverQuest II Screenshot thread ***

Those gfx do look a bit nicer then EQ1 with the xpack (meh there were several, so that says almost nothing; but forgot name off top of my head to the xpack I had which added better gfx), when I played it. In those days (though they didn't get far due to crashing issues), my mains were a paladin, and a high elf conjurer or something to that effect.

All said, and while discussing gfx between EQ2 and WoW, it would be fair to mention Blizzard's own rationale for why Burning Crusade, which will introduce flying mounts, will not allow them to be used in the older continents. In making the gfx, Blizzard indicated that they had some illusiory effects (giving flying over Stormwind as an example); which if one didn't approach it on the pre-determined flight path would look like utter crap. From Blizzard's own indication, they just do not want people to see how bad it would look, so won't allow the "fly anywhere" on older continents.

The newer continent (to allow for fly anywhere mounts) will be avoiding these "short cuts" and provide better gfx I imagine.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 11:49 PM   #38
nrdstrm

I'll be interested to see how WOW and Vanguard both handle flying mounts (and EQ2 as well, since it seems like it will be the new standard). I'm sure they all have differing ideas on how to impliment it. When does Burning Crusade come out? I know that flying mounts arn't in Vanguard beta atm, but should be SOON(tm) .

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-06, 02:08 PM   #39
Son Goku

I've heard November, and I've heard Janaury... Burning Crusade might be on pre-order now; so if it is one could check Gamestop or some other site for the expected release date...

Yeah, will be interesting... I sort of wish that flying mounts would be allowed in the older continents; but s'pose it would be a lot of work to go back and re-do the graphics for all the old zones to clean up the visual glitches people would see that they were hinting too. I know one EQ 1 xpack did re-do the graphics for higher gfx quality (well when I applied it, all zones looked better, and supported some newer features from newer gfx cards). Not sure how much work Verant/Sony put into it however...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 02:37 AM   #40
ShinaKitsune

the 1280x1024 where with an old video card... the 1440x900 with my new 7900GS oc'd + widescreen LCD.
Oddly enough the game sucks i get about 62fps in antonica with it on "extreme performance" but with the highest setting "extreme quality"(?) or whatever i get 22... not that much of a difference with that much going on in the game... its really too cpu intensive when it doesn't have to be.

Last edited by ShinaKitsune; 10-11-06 at 07:10 PM.
ShinaKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote