Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-08-06, 10:26 AM   #1
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Next Gen Football Games

Well, as some of you know, I work at Blockbuster and I get all the video games I want for FREE. The problem is that we have to wait until they are 31 days old in order to do so. Anyways, I've been in the football mood lately and have been trying out some of the next gen football games on the X360. Let me sum it all up in a few words:

DISAPPOINTING, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME

And not just my time, but EA's time. I know that most people around here hate EA but I think I'm starting to hop the bandwagon. WTF happened? Before I go through the games, i just wanted to say that my XBOX 360 is connected to a Dell 2005FPW via VGA, so it's running at 720p-ish . Let's look at the games:

Madden 07

Ok, I really really wanted this game to be good. However, you can tell how EA puts 98% of their focus into the graphics alone . . . . and does a very awful job. Talk about jagged edges!!! Also, whenever the camera zooms in on a play, a huddle or 5+ players up close, there is lag galore. The gameplay isn't even smooth during normal playing times. Nothing is smooth, therefore it is close to impossible to play. What a waste of time.

NCAA Football 07

I love college football just as much as pro, but when it comes to a videogame, I'm more prone to get a Pro game. NCAA did have a little bit better gameplay (with the same graphical look) but it was still close to impossible to play. Enuff said. What a waste of time.

Madden 07 (XBOX)

First of all, M$ has been pretty crappy with the backwards capatibility. I know that there is a 360 version of Madden 07, but that version sucks. Why can't I just sacrifice the graphics in order to play it . . . and I mean actually play it? "XBOX 360 does not support this XBOX game". What a waste of my time!

Madden 07 (PS2)

I was coming in town for the weekend and visit a friend of mine. We both love football and that's about the only type of video game that he'll play. We hooked up the slim PS2 last night on a 50" Plasma and I whooped his arse 30-27 . Even though the graphics weren't the best (when have they really been with the PS2 on a plasma?) the game was PLAYABLE. Yet, there were a few little glitches that I kinda-sorta didn't mind. Between the time your character scored or made a play and the time you pick your next play, it hangs a little bit. I really wanted widescreen support but it wasn't going to work.

All in all, EA has wasted my time this week with all of their football games. I would have been perfectly happy with the original XBOX version on the 360 but NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! M$ has to make another mark on the gay scoreboard, next to the Windows Hall of Shame . (I have no idea where that came from).

I've heard rumors that this is the last year for the Madden series but I highly doubt it. But whoever gets the chance to make a 2008 football game, I really hope that the final product is BALANCED. That's all I ask.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 11:12 AM   #2
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Re: Next Gen Football Games

Yup, next-gen Madden is highly overrated. Only reason it's so popular is because the people who usually buy it don't know s*** about games.

EA getting that NFL license is going to hurt football games. No competition for Madden at all, if only NFL2k was still around.

A good example of this is NBA2k7 vs. NBA Live 07. NBA2k7 whipes the floor with Live07. Not to mention NBA2k7 is also running at 60fps and 1080p(PS3 version).

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 11:19 AM   #3
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Next Gen Football Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Yup, next-gen Madden is highly overrated. Only reason it's so popular is because the people who usually buy it don't know s*** about games.

EA getting that NFL license is going to hurt football games. No competition for Madden at all, if only NFL2k was still around.

A good example of this is NBA2k7 vs. NBA Live 07. NBA2k7 whipes the floor with Live07. Not to mention NBA2k7 is also running at 60fps and 1080p(PS3 version).
I agree about the NFL2K series, I really miss that. One of those NBA games for the 360 is in 1080p, but it obviously won't be unlocked for another month or two.

I really hope EA will get there head on straight and make a descent football game. But hey, that's for wishful thinking huh?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote