Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-06, 05:43 PM   #13
HYBRID

Default Re: Xbox360 HD-DVD Interview

I just purchased an Toshiba HDDVD player, and I own an xbox360 primarily used by my kids.
I can tell you that HDVD is awesome the truth is that if your use to watching HD on DirecTV or whatever itís hard to go back same way with Blu Ray or HDVD..

The original SD 480p DVD up-converted on this player to 1080i is also a nice touch. The Audio is also amazing using True DD HD.

If youíre on the fence regarding these new formats embrace them they look great.
I donít know how theyíll fair in games but for movies, and music there awesome.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-06, 06:28 PM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Well, the update coming for the 360 pretty soon will make DVDs upconvert to 1080p and any other resolution (via VGA of course). I hope that regular DVDs will look good upconverted through the X360 . . . but I gotta wait for about 2 more months to get my TV.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-06, 06:56 PM   #15
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Well, the update coming for the 360 pretty soon will make DVDs upconvert to 1080p and any other resolution (via VGA of course). I hope that regular DVDs will look good upconverted through the X360 . . . but I gotta wait for about 2 more months to get my TV.
Keep in mind an upconverted DVD isn't now HD, it's just upconverted and looks nowhere near as good as an actual 1080 HD-DVD. The source is 480 and always will be coming off a DVD.
Old 10-09-06, 07:04 PM   #16
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Keep in mind an upconverted DVD isn't now HD, it's just upconverted and looks nowhere near as good as an actual 1080 HD-DVD. The source is 480 and always will be coming off a DVD.
Yeah, that is true. The only thing is that I work at Blockbuster so I get all the movies I want for free. Also, I have a ton of TV series on DVD . . . can't get that on the new formats yet. But geez, I would LOVE to see Scrubs, Entourage or Dead Like Me on HD. Talk about drool.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 12:50 AM   #17
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
It does look a ton better being upconverted on a 32" screen though.

Watched Blade Runner Director's Cut at the weekend, and it looked stunningly crisp compared to my old regular DVD player.

I'm a bit of an advocate for this HD-DVD stuff though, having seen a demo with my own two, the difference is just striking.

Sure this is going to bolster the plastic surgery trade even more in Hollywood, the detail you can see on people's faces is worrying. LOL
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote