Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-12-03, 10:53 AM   #1
Kapp

Send a message via ICQ to Kapp Send a message via AIM to Kapp
Default Operating System Not Found?

I rebooted my other computer today and it wouldn't load, all it says is "operating system not found" I tryed to format, but it said I couldn't, and I have no clue what else I can possibly do. I put the windows 98 startup disk in, and it wouldn't even load the drivers because it can't find a disk or something, but it was working fine for awhile..anyone know what could be wrong?
Kapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 12:04 PM   #2
madthumbs

Check the cables to the HD
Old 04-12-03, 04:39 PM   #3
Head_slinger
DEP Hater :)

Send a message via ICQ to Head_slinger

This happened to e and it was actually the HD jumper for Slave master. It wasnt set properly.
Audigy 2
ASUS A8V

Windows XP Prof./SuSe 8.2
Head_slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 05:23 PM   #4
volt

Default Re: Operating System Not Found?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kapp
I rebooted my other computer today and it wouldn't load, all it says is "operating system not found" I tryed to format, but it said I couldn't, and I have no clue what else I can possibly do. I put the windows 98 startup disk in, and it wouldn't even load the drivers because it can't find a disk or something, but it was working fine for awhile..anyone know what could be wrong?
Usually this is fixable (when your OS still resides on your partition that is hehe)

If it was Win2k/XP you could just copy the system files over. I'm not sure how did that happen just of rebooting.

It could be that your partition is no longer bootable. Run fdisk to fix the problem. There will be an option to set the active partition, then you will be able to format.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote