Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Well I Did It...

boo!!! play guild wars!!
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 01:51 PM   #26
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Yeah all you WOW addicts go play Guild Wars specially the new release.
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 08:03 PM   #27
Masq

There are a few of us on this forum in the Vanguard Beta and the way things stand right now....don't get your hopes up
Masq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 10:40 PM   #28
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Apparently you have never played a good MMORPG. This is common knowledge that WoW isn't really a good MMO. It can't hold a candle to the likes of Everquest 1 and Dark Age of Camelot.

What WoW is good for is that it is bringing MMO's mainstream. Well... i guess thats not a good thing when you think about it....
LOL! This is funny. The only people who care what is a good or true MMORPG art anal fisted pimple poppers such as your self. Just kidding. I only wanted to use the words anal, fisted, and pimple popper in the same sentence. Scratch this off the list of life goals. It is a great game that has the essence of a mmorpg but it lacks the mind dead grinding quests and its battle engine is so much better than traditional MMOs. There is a reason why so many people play this game. Here are just a few.

1. It is instant action.
2. Bright colors. Everyone likes bright colors.
3. panties and bras.
4. glowing weapons.
5. you get your stuff back when you die.
6. Ol' Smokey
7. It isn't part of SOE.
9. panties and bras.
10. corps camping a lowbie.

So there you have it. Scientific proof WoW is a superior game to any that came before.

UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 10:43 PM   #29
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq
There are a few of us on this forum in the Vanguard Beta and the way things stand right now....don't get your hopes up
What do you mean about this? Is it going to be as good as WoW, worse or better? I want to play this game but it has been such a long wait.
Old 10-31-06, 04:14 AM   #30
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
What do you mean about this? Is it going to be as good as WoW, worse or better? I want to play this game but it has been such a long wait.
Well, I suppose it depends if you like WOW or not. Personally, I beta tested WOW for 2 weeks, and kicked it to the curb. I'm not saying it's not a good game for some people, just not for me...Vanguard is vastly different from WOW in that it is meant for the "core" gamer. Check out the forums. Gets interesting sometimes. You basically have 3 groups... General Population (like some things, dislike others), the WOW Fanboys (hate everything), and the EQ Elitists (Love anything that is like EQ1, and if anything changes they freak out...)...lol...I have been "told" that the beta is coming along well (in that testers opinion). Can't wait for release...

Other games I'm want to check out later on are Age of Conan (different spin on MMO's) and Star Trek Online (Very early in developement, and I'm hoping they finally give me a decent SPACE MMO...)

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 11:22 AM   #31
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Well, I suppose it depends if you like WOW or not. Personally, I beta tested WOW for 2 weeks, and kicked it to the curb. I'm not saying it's not a good game for some people, just not for me...Vanguard is vastly different from WOW in that it is meant for the "core" gamer. Check out the forums. Gets interesting sometimes. You basically have 3 groups... General Population (like some things, dislike others), the WOW Fanboys (hate everything), and the EQ Elitists (Love anything that is like EQ1, and if anything changes they freak out...)...lol...I have been "told" that the beta is coming along well (in that testers opinion). Can't wait for release...

Other games I'm want to check out later on are Age of Conan (different spin on MMO's) and Star Trek Online (Very early in developement, and I'm hoping they finally give me a decent SPACE MMO...)
I don't play WoW any more and haven't for quite a while. Vanguard looks fun but it better not be a grinding marathon.
Old 10-31-06, 10:52 PM   #32
Masq

Quote:
I am a lvl 14 monk right now in Vanguard. The game just feels really generic, you are not really sucked into the game. It contains most of the qualities of any mmorpg out there right now. Just doesn't seem like anything SPECIAL and I know it is Beta but this game runs like utter horse poo. It has been running that way for quite awhile. It definitely does not have the drawing power of WoW imho.(Sorry if I messed up the quoting, new to posting here ).
Masq is offline   Reply With Quote