Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-02-06, 03:23 PM   #25
jborn

Default Re: Changes to (very) recent Linux kernel break things.

And by released drivers you mean what exactly? All drivers on the production screen and all drivers from the beta download area, and the 9626 driver links found via this forum? So I'll have to wait for an undetermined amount of time before this works with FC6 or take the plung and manaully update the build and manully run (at least portions) of the install process?

I think the reason so many people keep asking for an ETA on the driver that contains a fix for this is that we are new to linux/want to use it, but not have to compile it.. which is why I'm using FC. I compile code at work and when it breaks I'm the expert in it and can fix those problems.. Here I'd rather not become the expert at it. I'm not asking for an immediate fix, but throw us a bone and give us a ballpark you are shooting for, or that the next update will be given on such and such a date if you are not comfortable with giving and ETA.

And as always thanks for all the information.
jborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 04:14 PM   #26
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

By 'released', I meant a driver that is intentionally posted to the public (be it beta or otherwise). However, the current intent is to release a non-beta driver as a replacement for the currenty 1.0-962x drivers that were released several weeks ago. That next release is expected in the not too distant future.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 06:02 PM   #27
jborn

Lonni,

Thank you so much for the information. With that I feel safe to wait until 1.0-962x drivers becomes non-beta. Are these forums the best place to get that information, or is there a blog or newsgroup? Or just keep checking the drivers download page?

Thanks,

jb
jborn is offline   Reply With Quote