Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-03-06, 06:04 PM   #1
DataMatrix
*BANNED*

Default Program Slowing?

My problem starts with crashing, I have installed Red Alert 95 on a Windows XP machine and it works great, but after a few moments it crashes, I figured out the problem was there were some conflicts using the option "Back buffer in Video Memory" so I disabled it.

But now when I move my mouse to move the screen it goes so damn fast, I read somewhere that a guy downclocked his CPU in order to get a nice scroll speed, but I'm sure there is another way, no? Such as an application which can slow down another application?

You help is greatly appreciated.
DataMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 04:50 PM   #2
Udedenks

Default Re: Program Slowing?

/\
Set compability to Windows 98 or 95 in the application options (right click - properties) see if it helps... >.>

I am searching for an application with a similar purpose... but one that just slows down programs, in general... ie - makes things work a % slower... ie 1 rl sec = 5 secs in the slowed down app...
Udedenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-06, 08:16 AM   #3
DataMatrix
*BANNED*

Default Re: Program Slowing?

I already done that but I have sorted out Red Alert now it works perfectly, if you install it in a certain way I figured out .

I found a program that does that exact thing I was looking for, not that it is useful to me anymore.

Give it a read: http://mion.faireal.net/BES/
DataMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote