Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-03-03, 09:24 AM   #1
Amazing Iceman

Unhappy Mandrake 9.1 and latest nVidia drivers

I installed the nVidia drivers by following the directions found on the Readme file at the nVidia website.
X runs with no problem.
Only when I try to run the game Armagetron, it only wants to run as root, no longer as a user (tried reinstalling it, but didn't make a difference). This game seems to be graphics intensive, so I get display corruption. Some objects dissappear.

The main problem happens when I try to run the Unreal Tournament Linux version of the game, the system will completely freeze, including the fact that the video signal to the monitor stops, and the monitor goes into sleep mode.
This happens as soon as the soldier in the introduction breaks the nVidia Logo.

nVidia GeForce TI4600 AGP 128MB RAM
ASUS A7A266 Motherboard, 768MB RAM
AMD Athlon 1.33 Ghz

Mandrake Linux 9.1 with the latest kernel and patches.

I'm attaching Logs and config files related to this problem.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip log and config files.zip (52.9 KB, 172 views)
Amazing Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-03, 10:53 PM   #2
Liquidice

Send a message via AIM to Liquidice

I'm having a problem like that too, I loaded up chromium and i'm getting.. sometimes a little and sometimes alot of corruption in the objects, its like they're bursting out of their bounds if you kinda know what i mean.
also Unreal Tournament (Original) will work for a couple minutes, then lock up everything, I can't even switch to a terminal, I have to reset my computer.

I've installed the nvidia drivers like 10 times for my old gf2mmx, worked perfectly.
Now i got a GF4 Ti4600, by chaintech, did same driver install with the newest driver installer, and i'm having these problems.
I've also tried the previous drivers, and rpm --rebuild'd the srpm's, same stuff is
happening. Next i'm going to compile the source and see how that goes.

I'm using:
Mandrake 9.1 - no patches or updates
Chaintech G-Force 4 Ti4600 (128mb ddr)

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
Liquidice is offline   Reply With Quote