Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-22-03, 05:13 PM   #1
flavio

Default Still problems with TwinView

I've posted this message three days ago but I haven't got reply. I try anoyher time hopping to be more lucky.

I use my Only-Linux workstation (also) as home DVD player using the tv-out capability of my nvidia GeForce 4.
I'm experiencing problems while attemping to enable TwinView capability in order to see the same think on my monitor and on my TV.
I've tried to configure my XF86Config as explained in the ReadMe file and watching at XF86Config.sample provided with new nvidia.o kernel module but I've only obtained the following result: The images are correctly displayed on my TV but nothing appear on my first monitor !
Could you help me to find and solve my mistake?
The requested details about my configuration are as follow:
- Video card : GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
- Driver version : NVIDIA Linux x86 nvidia.o Kernel Module 1.0-4349 Thu Mar 27 19:00:02 PST 2003
- Distribution : RedHat Linux version 2.4.18-14 (bhcompile@stripples.devel.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)) #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002
- Video Bios : 04.18.20.03.00
- Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1500MHz
- Motherboard : Asus P4B-M (I don't know where to find in /proc fs more detailed infos about)

In attach you'll find my XF86Config and the XFree86.0.log I obtain when I start "startx -- -layout twin".
Thank you in advance,
Flavio

PS: I've seen other people in this forum having my same problem, maybe it isn't a banal one. So I'd like to know: is there anyone that configured a linux workstation to produce the same output on the monitor and on the TV at the same time?
Bye,
Flavio
Attached Files
File Type: txt config+log.txt (30.9 KB, 137 views)
flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-03, 09:17 PM   #2
zedro

Send a message via AIM to zedro
Cool same problem indeed

I've had the same problem... no one has seemed to be able to get TwinView to work or to even respond with much advice. I've tried several different configurations with several different monitors and I can get only one picture. I'll keep messing with my config and compare your config files to my own to see if we are getting the same problems.

To everyone else:
Any and all help would be very welcome at this point. If you have any insight into the happenings with TwinView, please post your thoughts - it would be very reassuring to know that you are at least looking, even if you dont have a real solution.
Thanks.

--Super Gomez
zedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-03, 09:27 PM   #3
zedro

Send a message via AIM to zedro
Default an afterthought...

here are my configs and a link to the post that describes them:

post...
Attached Files
File Type: zip xfconfigs.zip (2.6 KB, 138 views)
zedro is offline   Reply With Quote