Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-12-06, 12:22 PM   #13
Ikshaar

Default Re: Panic and errors when play 3d games with cedega

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
I've not heard of any bugs similar to what you describe. Which bug is this?
Make a search with nForce 3 and 6800 incompatibility (my combo). A bit old now but you will see post about it... (there was much more at the time)

I found out more than a year ago, BFG tech support was aware of it. I spend hours on phone with them. When FW is enabled, game (like WoW) would froze for few seconds or completely and performance would be terrible in certains areas (i forgot exact details).

BFG passed the bucket saying it was nVidia problem (and that nVidia knew about it !?).. but of course it was not solved.. had to run with FW disabled since.

But anyway, does not seem similar enough symptoms wise... my first post was a bit premature, sorry. The XiD bug was something else...
Ikshaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 04:25 PM   #14
meskalamdug

Default Re: Panic and errors when play 3d games with cedega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikshaar
Make a search with nForce 3 and 6800 incompatibility (my combo). A bit old now but you will see post about it... (there was much more at the time)

I found out more than a year ago, BFG tech support was aware of it. I spend hours on phone with them. When FW is enabled, game (like WoW) would froze for few seconds or completely and performance would be terrible in certains areas (i forgot exact details).

BFG passed the bucket saying it was nVidia problem (and that nVidia knew about it !?).. but of course it was not solved.. had to run with FW disabled since.

But anyway, does not seem similar enough symptoms wise... my first post was a bit premature, sorry. The XiD bug was something else...
I try now with agp fw and sb disabled
but i think will not solve the problem
meskalamdug is offline   Reply With Quote