Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-06, 01:26 PM   #1
alyssum

Unhappy TV-Out/Go5200: Tv isn't detected??

SETUP: Sony Trinitron, Nvidia FX Go5200, nvidia binary drivers 8756, kernel 2.6.15

I thought I would try setting up TV-out with my new Ubuntu (Dapper) intallation. The problem is that it seems the TV is simply not detected. I have a Sony Trinitron with three jacks for video input (2 svideo, 1 composite). I have tried both svideo jacks and two different cables to no avail (haven't tried composite because I don't have a converter). Yes, the TV is on...yes, I have changed the TV mode to the Svideo inputs... but nothing is working.

I have tried both forcing DFP, TV setup and autodetecting using the "ConnectedMonitor" option. Forcing is no use; X server loads up normally but no display on the TV. The desktop is enlarged for two monitors (as it should be) but only displays on the laptop. If I try autodetect, I get an error in the log file that twinview is enabled but only one display is detected (i.e. my laptop screen). I can't see anything on the TV at all during any part of bootup. I think I see a very brief flicker when the X server is trying to load...but if what I am seeing is really a flicker, it's incredibly brief. Anyways, I have attached my xorg.conf and log file to this msg.

So, what gives? I successfully did TV-out about 9 months ago with the exact same hardware (different Ubuntu install tho). My TV-out on the card hasn't up and died on me, has it? Is there any way to further debug this problem?
Attached Files
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (24.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (3.2 KB, 257 views)
alyssum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-06, 04:02 AM   #2
xwang

Default Re: TV-Out/Go5200: Tv isn't detected??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssum
SETUP: Sony Trinitron, Nvidia FX Go5200, nvidia binary drivers 8756, kernel 2.6.15

I thought I would try setting up TV-out with my new Ubuntu (Dapper) intallation. The problem is that it seems the TV is simply not detected. I have a Sony Trinitron with three jacks for video input (2 svideo, 1 composite). I have tried both svideo jacks and two different cables to no avail (haven't tried composite because I don't have a converter). Yes, the TV is on...yes, I have changed the TV mode to the Svideo inputs... but nothing is working.

I have tried both forcing DFP, TV setup and autodetecting using the "ConnectedMonitor" option. Forcing is no use; X server loads up normally but no display on the TV. The desktop is enlarged for two monitors (as it should be) but only displays on the laptop. If I try autodetect, I get an error in the log file that twinview is enabled but only one display is detected (i.e. my laptop screen). I can't see anything on the TV at all during any part of bootup. I think I see a very brief flicker when the X server is trying to load...but if what I am seeing is really a flicker, it's incredibly brief. Anyways, I have attached my xorg.conf and log file to this msg.

So, what gives? I successfully did TV-out about 9 months ago with the exact same hardware (different Ubuntu install tho). My TV-out on the card hasn't up and died on me, has it? Is there any way to further debug this problem?
I think you should put PAL-B in the "TVStandard" option.
Xwang
xwang is offline   Reply With Quote