tux08902

Default Re: Missing Texture problem - 7xxx and 8xxx series drivers, Cedega

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tux08902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-06, 12:49 AM   #50
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

This bug is still open and assigned to development (and no one at NVIDIA is blaming Cedega), however I'm afraid that it has been prioritized behind other issues.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 03:45 PM   #51
tux08902

This bug is pretty much gone with the 9625 Beta drivers [AMD64].

http://forums.amd.com/index.php?show...ntry1364028917

I did some extensive testing. I posted on AMD Tech first, but I'll quote my post.

Quote:
So, I've been doing extensive testing with the Beta 9625 AMD64 drivers. There are issues as expected. It took me around 1 hour to figure out how to get around those. Something always puzzled me, if I set to DirectX 7.0, then Source-based games would run perfectly sometimes. Other times they would completely lock up. Turning up to 8.0 or 8.1 would cause the games to lock up as well.

So, I was about to give up when I thought I'd see how HL: DM Source and HL: Source made out with the 9625 drivers. They didn't lock up, in fact they ran perfectly. [Here, I also noticed that the missing texture/black model bug with Cedega + Source is gone too with the new drivers.] This was the biggest hint, so I started fooling around with the settings in CSS. I turned them all down to low and ran three trials with those settings. CSS ran perfectly each time. So, I started tinkering found that setting Model Detail or something like that to High doesn't cause anything stupid to happen. It'll take a bit more time because I know I should be able to turn some stuff up, but atleast now I can get the full Source FX that you get with 8.1.

As for the missing textures/black models bug see for yourself below.

How do I know the bug is gone? Well, I ran HL:S and in the training room, the floor would be completely gone and now it isn't. Sometimes the ladder would be gone and so on. In the DOD:S screenshots above, turn around made the gun completely black. Sometimes object would show up black too, here they don't. As for HL2, well going into the light made stuff black and now it doens't happen. So, cheers to the nVidia folks, you got one more happy customer.
I've tried every Source game I could think of, since they all had problems for me and it never occurred once with the 9625s. In Half-Life Source it was annoyingly visible, but now the game plays without a hitch.
tux08902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-06, 10:43 AM   #52
chrism66

This bug is getting worse, and worse. I just installed the new 9631 drivers and know I am getting the bug in Counter Strke: Source. I am strting some rounds with fellow players and and weapon-n-hands black.
chrism66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-06, 11:22 AM   #53
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

chrism66,
The problem that you are describing sounds like a completely different bug than what is being discussed in this thread. This thread references missing textures. Your issue is referencing 'black' textures, which was determined to be a Cedega bug, rather than an nvidia driver bug.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-06, 12:17 PM   #54
Cambo

Send a message via Yahoo to Cambo

@chrism66: You might want to check out the latest Cedega update. Now on version 5.2.8

Cambo
Cambo is offline   Reply With Quote