Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-06, 10:33 PM   #1
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,387
Default New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

I've now got my eVGA 7900 GT CO SC overclocked at 730/846 or 730/1692. Currently running the 93.81 drivers and have ran BF2142 and NHL07 back-to-back with no problems. Still idles at around 44' C, depending on the weather and heater in the house. I'll update benchmarks in my Sig as soon as I can run the tests, probably Tuesday. Just thought I'd share my new high overclock.

P.S. This is with the Core VMod only. No Memory VMod applied.

Here's to overclocks!
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 11:55 PM   #2
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Nice OC man! Does the GTO run at 650MHz on the core?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 10:32 PM   #3
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Nice OC man! Does the GTO run at 650MHz on the core?
You know, I'm not sure. I was trying to get to Superclocked 7900 GTX speed which is 690/880, but I just can't get my memory that high and I'm too chicken sh*t to try the memory vmod. I'll look up the GTO speeds.
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 10:38 PM   #4
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippe
You know, I'm not sure. I was trying to get to Superclocked 7900 GTX speed which is 690/880, but I just can't get my memory that high and I'm too chicken sh*t to try the memory vmod. I'll look up the GTO speeds.
Yes it does.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 11:25 PM   #5
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog
Yes it does.
Yup, 650/1320 on the GTO.
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 04:50 PM   #6
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Just got my card to 690/870. Woohoo! Almost 7900GTX Superclocked speeds, which is 690/880.
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 08:26 PM   #7
Quick420
Registered User
 
Quick420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London,Canada
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

My evga overclocked nicely too
__________________
:Gaming Rig:
Asus P5N-D SLi E8400 Wolfdale@3.6ghz/TTBig TyphoonCooler 51c Orthos 3hrs
Galaxy GTX560ti-GC 296.10 Forceware 950/1900/2200,1100mv,Gts250/Physx
2x2gb Ddr2 1066mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
3xWD WD5000AAKS 500gb/sata300/ 1xSeagate 320gb Ide(tuuunz)
X-fi Fatality Pro*ASUS VH242H 24"LCD*:::Windoze 7-64bit:::
Sony DvD/Ram-Drive
Logitech G25
3dmark06 17,898 Vantage 12,851



If the light is GREEN the trap is clean
Quick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 08:57 PM   #8
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Nice overclock Slippe! I've just started pushing my old 7800GT's, nice difference a little overclock makes!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-07, 11:22 AM   #9
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
Nice overclock Slippe! I've just started pushing my old 7800GT's, nice difference a little overclock makes!
Thanks! I don't get it though, I haven't done anything different. It seems if you clock your card, then later on you can push it a little more and so on and so on. Before, with the same drivers, I couldn't get my memory past 850 no matter what. The highest I've been able to get the core is 730, but I've read that there is no real difference when it reaches the 690 or 700 mark and can actually slow down performance when pushed above that. That is the reason I've lowered the clock back down to 690. I'm very happy with my current overclock. R6Vegas runs pretty damn sweet! (plus other games)
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-07, 02:40 PM   #10
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippe
Thanks! I don't get it though, I haven't done anything different. It seems if you clock your card, then later on you can push it a little more and so on and so on. Before, with the same drivers, I couldn't get my memory past 850 no matter what. The highest I've been able to get the core is 730, but I've read that there is no real difference when it reaches the 690 or 700 mark and can actually slow down performance when pushed above that. That is the reason I've lowered the clock back down to 690. I'm very happy with my current overclock. R6Vegas runs pretty damn sweet! (plus other games)
I've read a lot of discussions on overclocking and it still seems luck of the draw to me, all else being equal. But yeah it's sweet, I read about all the 8800 owners and think it's great, but I can't spend that now. Sooo a little overclock lets me crank FEAR and others up more, I think I'll stick with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-07, 05:00 PM   #11
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I've read a lot of discussions on overclocking and it still seems luck of the draw to me, all else being equal. But yeah it's sweet, I read about all the 8800 owners and think it's great, but I can't spend that now. Sooo a little overclock lets me crank FEAR and others up more, I think I'll stick with it!
What do you have your 7800 at?
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-07, 05:17 PM   #12
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New 7900 GT CO SC Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippe
What do you have your 7800 at?
They're currently at 480/525. My cores seem to like the oc alot, my memory seems really really touchy. I've also got my x2 at 240x10 and 2-3-5-3. I was at 2500, but I must have done something wrong, too unstable. So I'm just studying the mobos settings and benching it hard for a few days at a time. I'll get my 2500 (or more) back, Just want to do it right.

As far as my cards, I'm not expecting much more really. Auto detect used to always top out at 515 give or take, and I need these to last a while longer.

Bloody kids eating up my upgrade money.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problems with drivers after 295.40 (OpenSuSE 12.1, GeFroce 7900 GS, Phenom II X4) alawa NVIDIA Linux 0 06-09-12 06:37 PM
Computex 2012: MSI Overclock Warranty News Archived News Items 0 06-06-12 03:40 AM
$169.99 - GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series GV-N56GSO-1GI GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 2 News GeForce GTX 560 0 05-19-12 10:00 PM
How high of an overclock can I expect out of a GeForce4 Ti 4200? Danno NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series 6 08-16-02 11:31 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.