Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-07, 02:37 PM   #37
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Gabe Newell says PS3 a total disaster ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
wow.....
yeah I tend to ignore his posts becuase it takes too much brain power to understand what he is saying.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 02:59 PM   #38
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
The PS3 is not more dificult to program that the Ps2 was.... and yet they released a very impressive library of quality games. WHat i see here is a PC developer upset that they cant do a straight port from the PC to the PS3 .That means to spend a LOT more money in the development of their multiplatform games. ONly Pc developers without experience in consoles rant about PS3 dificulty . Playstation2 developers find more easier the PS3 enviroment than it was with the PS2.

oh yes... and Bluray is the current leader in HD media sales and thats the way it will stay. From here the distance between both formats will be far greater once SOny release the Ps3 in europe in a couple of months. ditto .. the war was myth , this is simply mathematics ,probabilty and stadistics 101. .
Let's see, I can believe Gabe Newell... or I can listen Nv40. I wonder who has the more qualified opinion?

I love how all the PS3bots here instantly resort to the ad hominem argument. His opinion sucks because he's fat? Yeah that's only because you can't say that he's talentless, dumb, or that his games suck. Any way you try to justify it, this is a qualified man speaking with a qualified reputation and a qualified opinion. It's not like he's alone in his sentiment, he's just more vocal about it, get over it.
Old 01-15-07, 03:04 PM   #39
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
*sigh* console fanboys are all alike.
If you took your head out of your ass and watched the linked interview you would also have noticed that Gabe also complained about the 360.

I can completely understand where he is coming from, to put any source games on the PS3 they need to almost completely re-write the source engine. Simply using the main core and none of the SPEs wouldn't make for a good usage of the PS3. Most developers prefer the 360 over the PS3 simply because it has less distinct processors, but they still dislike the 360 for having more than one. Fortunatly MS has included tools to map the interaction of code running on the different processors so you can see what is going on. Those same developers are a wash on the PC because while you generally have one processor, all the other components change often, even so the PC game market is huge.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 03:09 PM   #40
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Let's see, I can believe Gabe Newell... or I can listen Nv40. I wonder who has the more qualified opinion?

I love how all the PS3bots here instantly resort to the ad hominem argument. His opinion sucks because he's fat? Yeah that's only because you can't say that he's talentless, dumb, or that his games suck. Any way you try to justify it, this is a qualified man speaking with a qualified reputation and a qualified opinion. It's not like he's alone in his sentiment, he's just more vocal about it, get over it.
Did you even bother to read most of the threads prior to posting? I dout it... you just need to make an attack. What most of the "PS3Bots" are saying is that his opinion is unfounded nor is it his opinion untill there is an actual source... all we have is some random guy on a forum stating that gameinformer had an interview with him and he stated such a comment... problem is, no one can actually find this misterious interview...

Oh and we all agree that the PS3 is difficult to program for... were not argueing that.
Old 01-15-07, 08:34 PM   #41
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Oh and we all agree that the PS3 is difficult to program for... were not argueing that.
nv40 disagrees
Old 01-15-07, 08:38 PM   #42
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
nv40 disagrees
Nothing new there.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 10:02 PM   #43
|MaguS|

Quote:
nv40 disagrees
Well Nv40 also bought the Bear Armor... what can you expect?
Old 01-15-07, 11:31 PM   #44
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
If you took your head out of your ass and watched the linked interview you would also have noticed that Gabe also complained about the 360.
Actually, if you pulled your head out of your ass, you would have also seen that I had already noted this. Dumbass.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote