Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-07, 06:38 PM   #1
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Red Steel - worth it for $15?

I know the game's been panned across the board, and I'd never buy it at full price. However, Circuit City has it on sale for $30. I'd get Best Buy to price match, then use $15 of reward certificates I have. Final cost - $15+tax. Would you reckon the game is worth it at that price?
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 07:05 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Red Steel - worth it for $15?

No...

Its a really bad game...
Old 01-14-07, 07:06 PM   #3
Zelda_fan

I haven't played it, but for $15 I'd check it out.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 07:38 PM   #4
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

It's worth $15, no doubt. I liked it. I regret spending a full $50 on it, but $15-20 sounds about right. It's no game of the year, but it is fun. I hear Call of Duty 3 is better though, but I have a rule about no WW2 games.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 07:44 PM   #5
Hex
Oh smeg...

For 15 bucks why not honestly.
If nothing else it has fun moments.
Old 01-14-07, 09:30 PM   #6
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
It's worth $15, no doubt. I liked it. I regret spending a full $50 on it, but $15-20 sounds about right. It's no game of the year, but it is fun. I hear Call of Duty 3 is better though, but I have a rule about no WW2 games.
Yeah, but CoD 3 isn't on sale at Circuit City this week. Rayman: Raving Rabbids is part of the sale. Too bad I alreay picked up a copy of it. I think Red Steel probably is worth $15, but I can't decide if there are other things I'd rather spend my reward certificates on.
Old 01-15-07, 12:10 AM   #7
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Yeah, but CoD 3 isn't on sale at Circuit City this week. Rayman: Raving Rabbids is part of the sale. Too bad I alreay picked up a copy of it. I think Red Steel probably is worth $15, but I can't decide if there are other things I'd rather spend my reward certificates on.
yea I think its worth the 15$ its an ok fps game
My friend has finished it and he thinks its awesome one of the best games on the wii. So it depends, some like it a lot
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 03:41 AM   #8
DJMONDY

Im one of the ones who really like this game so im gonna say it definitly worth $15

Honestly mate its not that bad! once you get used to the control its like playing a fps with a mouse and keyboard.
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-07, 08:45 PM   #9
saturnotaku

Finally got a chance to play it a bit tonight. The controls aren't bad. Haven't quite gotten used to the target lock and zoom, but since it's pretty much impossible for you to die, at least early on, I can live with it.

The graphics are ugly, there are lots of frame rate slowdowns, and there are some major physics bugs. I once killed a guy, and he got stuck under a cart, which caused his corpse to bounce around, shooting out the back of the cart, flying around hitting walls like he was a pinball. I'd have been really annoyed if it weren't so damn funny. I'm not sure if I'll want to keep the game because the action's halfway decent. Have to play it a bit more first, though I will say right off the bat that it's totally not worth $50.

What would be cool is to use this engine and combat mechanics to remake Goldeneye. Four-player mayhem FTW!!1
Old 01-19-07, 05:49 AM   #10
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Finally got a chance to play it a bit tonight. The controls aren't bad. Haven't quite gotten used to the target lock and zoom, but since it's pretty much impossible for you to die, at least early on, I can live with it.

The graphics are ugly, there are lots of frame rate slowdowns, and there are some major physics bugs. I once killed a guy, and he got stuck under a cart, which caused his corpse to bounce around, shooting out the back of the cart, flying around hitting walls like he was a pinball. I'd have been really annoyed if it weren't so damn funny. I'm not sure if I'll want to keep the game because the action's halfway decent. Have to play it a bit more first, though I will say right off the bat that it's totally not worth $50.

What would be cool is to use this engine and combat mechanics to remake Goldeneye. Four-player mayhem FTW!!1
The action picks up a lot when you learn bullet time and sword combos/specials. The first 1/3rd of the game is pretty weak until you get that far though.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote