Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-18-07, 08:09 PM   #1
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Devs in Multiplayer?

I was just playing Resistance multiplayer a couple hours and I get into one game and start playing as usual. I get killed by a guy and notice his ID looks different from everyones. It had a moon infront and read, "IGTedPrice". Not sure if it was the actual Ted Price but I don't see how he got the Insomniac logo infront of his name.

What do you guys think?

Has anyone ever had any other similar experiences playing against a dev or someone they thought was a dev online?

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 08:15 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Devs in Multiplayer?

I have played many games were a developer popped on, EQ was the first when developers would play and interact with the community... after a year that stopped though...they just didn't care.

I wouldn't dout thats Price though... He's said himself in an interview that he loves playing Resistence online... I can see him playing even more now that its actually live.
Old 01-18-07, 08:18 PM   #3
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I have played many games were a developer popped on, EQ was the first when developers would play and interact with the community... after a year that stopped though...they just didn't care.

I wouldn't dout thats Price though... He's said himself in an interview that he loves playing Resistence online... I can see him playing even more now that its actually live.
Yea it was weird because other than clan ID's there's nothing that goes infront of a person PSN name but this one had the Insomniac logo which I've seen before.

Btw he didn't win I think he came in 9th out of like 40. I'm not sure if they stop because they don't care, maybe they are just busy with other projects.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 01-18-07, 08:25 PM   #4
|MaguS|

EQ Developers have no other projects... they make expansion packs... that is all... not like they take alot of considering how crappy they all are after Velious's release.
Old 01-18-07, 08:28 PM   #5
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
EQ Developers have no other projects... they make expansion packs... that is all... not like they take alot of considering how crappy they all are after Velious's release.
Well if that's the case then maybe you are right then.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 01-19-07, 03:54 AM   #6
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

James Stevenson of Insomniac games is in my resistance clan, hes pretty good. :P
Old 01-19-07, 08:45 AM   #7
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
James Stevenson of Insomniac games is in my resistance clan, hes pretty good. :P
Speaking of good, you are no slouch yourself Bad_Boy. Your stats are pretty impressive. I'm not that good tbh.

I usually come up short trying to win ranked death matches but end up somewhere in the top 10. On a good day top 3 but never number 1.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 01-19-07, 09:27 AM   #8
Bad_Boy
god of war.

heh, I'm alright, not going to brag, but theres much better people than myself. Theres this guy BobTheFork in my clan, I think he has one of those kill 20 people in a row without dying medals. Now thats good. Highest I've gone is like 7-8 people.

You should play with me some time, do you have a time you normally get on?

Old 01-19-07, 09:46 AM   #9
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
heh, I'm alright, not going to brag, but theres much better people than myself. Theres this guy BobTheFork in my clan, I think he has one of those kill 20 people in a row without dying medals. Now thats good. Highest I've gone is like 7-8 people.

You should play with me some time, do you have a time you normally get on?
Yea, I've gotten a couple 7 kills but 20 is ridiculous.

I'm down to play if I can make it. Sometimes I play on Thursday and Friday nights. Majority of the time is throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 01-19-07, 09:52 AM   #10
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

played with splash damage devs before in ET, beta testing is the win etpro mod devs with splash damage devs for beta testing was awsome. they all pretty much stunk, but it was fun to watch them break down maps/mods to make sure everything worked.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 10:00 AM   #11
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Yea, I've gotten a couple 7 kills but 20 is ridiculous.

I'm down to play if I can make it. Sometimes I play on Thursday and Friday nights. Majority of the time is throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday.
I think my clan (basically a bunch of guys from another forum, gaf; nothing serious like matches or anything) plays together saturday/sunday and tuesday @ 10pm est, if your on during the time I play ill invite you to the party.
Old 01-19-07, 10:19 AM   #12
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
I think my clan (basically a bunch of guys from another forum, gaf; nothing serious like matches or anything) plays together saturday/sunday and tuesday @ 10pm est, if your on during the time I play ill invite you to the party.
Sounds good. I should be able to be on at those times.

60gb PS3 Owner