|01-25-07, 06:53 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2007
fan noise with nVidia® GeForce® 7900GS
I have a new workstation with a nVidia® GeForce® 7900GS graphic card
running latest OpenSuse linux. the problem is the noise of the card
fan running non nvidia driver. the fan is running always on full speed.
1. I want to use the card on a XEN activated linux workstation.
2. the default NVIDIA driver does not support XEN
3. the default X.Org NVIDIA driver support XEN but does not support
for now I have 2 possibilities:
1. use the card but not use XEN
2. get a silent card from somebody and replace the 7900GS
I kindly ask the nvidia support for one of 3 possible solutions:
1. provide a XEN aware linux driver to the card mentioned above
2. replace my current card with a silent card
3. help the X.Org team to add fan control to the default linux driver
can somebody help me ?
|01-25-07, 12:20 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: fan noise with nVidia® GeForce® 7900GS
NVIDIA intends to support Xen at an undetermined point in the future.