Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-07, 07:52 AM   #13
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

of course your taunt only works if I actually care about any of those games.
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 09:15 AM   #14
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo
Sony FUDs. Some are more "serious" than others.

Nov. 10th, 2005 - Sony is caught hiding a rootkit inside music CD's that place a virus on users computer. Sony's Tom Hesse defends the decision by stating that people don't know what it is, so they shouldn't care

Now that we know Sony cares about us, lets move on to the PS3...

Feb 27th, 2006 - Sony misses it's Spring launch date
May 8th, 2006 - Sony holds it's E3 conference announcing the pricing of the PS3 at $600/$500
May 8th, 2006 - New PS3 controller will have six degrees of motion, but no rumble feature. Sony's Phil Harrison states that rumble was last gen and no longer needed.
May 31st, 2006 - Sony's Phil Harrison denies copying the Wiimote and states that the PS3 will replace the PC
Sep 5th, 2006 - Gamers looking to get the best picture out of Sony's premium PlayStation 3 package will need to shell out extra for proper hookups.
Sept 6th, 2006 - PS3 is delayed in Europe until March 2007
.......................
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
You could have just posted the link....this is all just speculation and different sites trying to look important by giving analytical explanations for something they have no clue about. Is Sony doing badly? Only Sony can tell. Do you say their market value going down? Do you see a Chapter 11 from Sony? Do you see wide scale rioting in Japan? No, so how the F*** can you or any ******* idiot say anything and claim it to be the truth.
comments from the peanut gallery?

you flamed this article because you let your bias get in the way of his point. before you even started reading it, you thought "oh great, another guy flaming the PS3" but the fact is he makes some good arguments (verbal argument??? omg, those exist??!! ) about how sony has seemed to undermine their own product in certain aspects.

im sure the PS3 will rebound, but that doesnt deny the fact that the launch has been an interesting one where Sony has managed to indeed put FUD into the customers their trying to capture. however, as more and more releases come and updates fix hardware issues, and as we see more and better games released, we will eventually see the PS3 rise from the ashes.

of course, this is speculation too. and its slightly possible that this wont happen.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 10:01 AM   #15
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades
 
H3avyM3tal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
of course your taunt only works if I actually care about any of those games.
If you didnt care, you wouldnt have posted. Thats what I usually do. You know, dont care, dont post. Logical no?

BTW, I will give this article this: The PS3 had the worst launch ever. Good thing launchs are over quickly.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 02:38 PM   #16
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
If you didnt care, you wouldnt have posted. Thats what I usually do. You know, dont care, dont post. Logical no?

BTW, I will give this article this: The PS3 had the worst launch ever. Good thing launchs are over quickly.
ATi's launches are worse, if its any consolation.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 02:52 PM   #17
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades
 
H3avyM3tal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

^lol. No need for any consolations I could give a rat's ass about any console launch. Its the promise for a better "future" that I like.

You know, games.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 02:55 PM   #18
Marvel_us
FOOL!
 
Marvel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
ATi's launches are worse, if its any consolation.
ATi =
__________________
Main Rig
Intel Q6600 QUAD|| Gigabyte P35-DS3L ||XFX 7900GTX|| G.Skill 6GB PC2-6400 || OCZ Agility 60GB SSD || WD 320GB + WD Green 1TB HDD || Samsung 20" LCD || CoolMax 650W PSU ||

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 06:47 PM   #19
Quickstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 353
Default Re: Sony's self-induced FUD

My favorite is "Jan 11, 2007 - Analyst: Lagging PS3 Sales 'Troubling'"

Yea well I'm an Analyst and I say PS3 sales are doing great! :P
Quickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.