Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-06, 12:44 AM   #1
Bearclaw

Arrow nV News crashes Internet Explorer (please upgrade to latest version of Flash)

I have tried two seperate internet browsers now. I have tried Microsoft Internet Explorer and AOl Explorer and in both NVnews.net seems to just close the browser. It doens't happen right away but when I click on a link it will close the browser window. Is this happening because of the browsers I am using or because something in my internet settings is activated? I know other people have had this problem because I remember a thread about it but could not find it. Please help.

Old 08-07-06, 12:45 AM   #2
GamerGuyX

Default Re: NVnews Crashing in Internet Browser

*clears throat*

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 08-07-06, 01:02 AM   #3
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Sorry about that.

Now have tried Opera and a different version of AOl explorer and both of them shut down and exit on nvnews. This is the only site that does it. I don't get it?

Old 08-07-06, 01:08 AM   #4
Capt. Picard

Install the newest Flash. I also formatted this weekend and had the the forum close the browser. After I installed Flash. Perfecto. It's all the flash animations of the ads.
Old 08-07-06, 01:14 AM   #5
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Picard
Install the newest Flash. I also formatted this weekend and had the the forum close the browser. After I installed Flash. Perfecto. It's all the flash animations of the ads.
Thanks alot. I downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Player 9 and so far so good. Is that the right thing I need though? Thanks for all your help.

Old 01-28-07, 11:44 PM   #6
retsam

Default Re: nV News crashes Internet Explorer (please upgrade to latest version of Flash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I have tried two seperate internet browsers now. I have tried Microsoft Internet Explorer and AOl Explorer and in both NVnews.net seems to just close the browser. It doens't happen right away but when I click on a link it will close the browser window. Is this happening because of the browsers I am using or because something in my internet settings is activated? I know other people have had this problem because I remember a thread about it but could not find it. Please help.
illl AOL
Closed Thread