Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-07, 09:56 AM   #49
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Any one read this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
Lol, but when a proffesional reviewer gives the new zelda 86, you all say he is stupid.
Please tell me what in the game is so perfect? The story? The graphics? The gameplay? The sound? Is it so out of this world? Is it far better to any other game? Or is it all subjective?
This doesn't surprise me. It takes a certain level of intelligence to recognize art when you see it.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:01 AM   #50
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Thank god that when the older (Im 24 btw), more "ancient" hardcore gamers will be long gone, noone will take Zelda or other "top games of all time" this way. Than, the real games will take the spotlight. And so on and so on...
And then we'll all trade places.
You have a right to think that Zelda isn't one of the top games, but you need to realize that you are in the VAST minority with that opinion.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:02 AM   #51
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Right... you like to be a smartass, thats ok, Im like that too sometimes. Go play your good fun games, while I'll play mine ok?

How can you cater fun to people, when fun is sujective? Some people find playing racers fun while others not. Some said it themselves, we like graphics best etc. Can you honestly tell me that every kind (and I mean every kind) of games that got high scores from 'respected proffesionals' were fun to you? Or do you have your kind of games that you like/dislike?
Inconsequential. I don't enjoy every movie that gets good ratings, it doesn't mean those movies suck. It just means I don't like romance movies. It means my taste don't run in that vein. I never play sports games, and generally shy away from racers. It doesn't mean that all sports games suck, or that all racers are lame. There IS criteria within those genres that define what makes a game fun, and what makes it lame. Gran Turismo is very good at what it does. The best even. And if you don't like it, well, that just means you hate realistic driving games. Period. It has little to do with a lack of quality in the game, it's main draw just doesn't appeal to you. It's not for you. An intelligent individual can recognize this without shouting and yelling about how much a game sucks.

Unless we are talking about MMO's, those all suck
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:14 AM   #52
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
An intelligent individual can recognize this without shouting and yelling about how much a game sucks.
This is why many times in reviews, the writer will say "If you're a fan of <insert genre here>, you'll want to add this game to your collection." Most recognize that not all games appeal to all people. Zelda doesn't appeal to me, but that doesn't mean the game is bad. That's retarded logic no matter how you look at it.

Quote:
Unless we are talking about MMO's, those all suck
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:17 AM   #53
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I disagree with the MMO bit ....
>.>
<.<

Zelda is not a game for me, but I will not knock its appeal to people. I don't care about any of the MGS games or any of the FF games. If people enjoy them, good for them.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:22 AM   #54
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Me shouting about those games sucking were only ment to sting the link_fan.

Namrok, I have major respect for Nintendo for their influence. The reasone I dont like playing their games is that they always seem so childish to me. I mean, I enjoyed playing mario ALOT when I was younger.
Gran Turismo is my no1 racer ever, I would like to try Forza sometime (if I had the money ). I play guildwars (if thats even considered an MMO), I like RPGS - both on consoles and PC. I like shooters and I like almost everything really. But basically, I think you got my point, so its all good.
Unless you didnt get my point, so you can feel free to jab me if you want.
No better place to jab than on Nvnews consoles forum!
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote