Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: whats your initial impression of the burning crusades for WOW
its great!!! 17 56.67%
its ok 3 10.00%
completely sucked 5 16.67%
waiting for the influx of people to pass so that i can check it out. 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-07, 12:12 PM   #25
Son Goku

Default Re: (WOW burning crusades) Today is the day of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I...got to level 7 in less than 3 hours with my Blood Elf Paladin last night.

Count yourself lucky. I recreated my warrior a Draenie (was only 15 before, and sorta fits the class/race) and on Azuremist isle; it was fricken crowded. Someone came up with a figure of 1,500 people all competing for the same lowbie quests/killing the same mobs. In some cases it took an hour to finish one quest; as there were just too many people doing it.

All in all, and without zone over-crowding, the levels of course do come on fast, and at level 20 he's already revered with is own faction and honored with all the others. All in all, the rep gains were a hell of a lot faster then starting other races. Perhaps necessary though, give that SW holds most of the alliance zones (in terms of NPCs that give quests that rep with them), and Darnasus has more then 2 islands to themselves (Aldrasil, Darkshore, Ashenvalle, and Feralas), and with non-elves doing Green Warden quest, they can make Wetlands rep Darn.

Ideally, after the initial introduction of the expansion; a n00b zone won't be so over-crowded that there are several times more players trying to kill a given mob, then spawns themselves...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 12:25 PM   #26
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I am waiting till the bulk of people get past 62. Every place I go it is over farmed. It drives me nuts. I just want to quest at my own pace. So I'll do real questing this evening.

Did you see a guy on a european server hit 70 yesterday? What a joke. I want to take my time and enjoy the game for the first run.

BTW all the gear that has dropped so far is better than MC gear. That friking rocks. LOL
Yep, this happened in Hellfire also. Beyond the ravager egg quest driving us nuts (due to low drop rates, that makes "Are We There, Yeti" look comparitively good; we were constantly having to search for kills. The ninja that pops up in an over-crowded zone is yet another annoyance to be coped with.

The big thing for me, is I'm still not decided whether to go with Scryers or Aldor (NE hunter, who's also a DS LW); and something that is better not in this thread; but I'm really wondering what my prospects to continue raiding at 70 will be.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 04:27 PM   #27
Hambone

You know I had 5 lvl 60 toons in WoW and played it off and on since launch. In complete boerdom waiting for this expansion to come out I started playing EQ2 again.

Interestingly enough, EQ2 is not the same game it use to be and I now finally (E6600, 8800GTS) have a system that makes it look amazingly sweet.

I think I started playing EQ2 about two months ago. The interesting thing is I have no desire to play WoW again, even in light of this WoW expansion comming out. The only thing that stands out in my mind right now (heavy experience in both games) is that WoW by far has better PVP. Other than that, EQ2 is just a vastly superior MMO. It's amazing how many aspects of the game are just better or there at all compared to WoW. Mostly what stands out in my mind is the guild system in EQ2. Your guild having it's own level and players being rewarded for the level of their guild (faster mounts, gear, etc) is really nice.

I honestly wish all the time I invested in WoW I had put into EQ2 now.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote