Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-02-07, 11:35 AM   #13
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: Who here said the PS3 would cause Sony's demise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
Which Cell Phone did you pick up? Just curious.
k800i
Old 02-02-07, 12:24 PM   #14
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
k800i
Nice, I've been thinking of buying that phone as a secondary

I have the Sony Ericcson w850i ATM and I have nothing but positive things to say about that, especially the bluetooth features of the phone with SE Headset

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 12:29 PM   #15
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

yep, i'm loving my k800i. i always liked ericsson phones but never had a chance to get one until now. i'm probably going to keep this for a while, it hasn't dissapointed me once yet.
Old 02-02-07, 02:13 PM   #16
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
QFT. the PS3 will rise from the ashes eventually. until then, its fun to laugh at Sony while they struggle. but rest assured, they will come back strong.
Nothing is ever written in stone. Sony has taken a significant hit with the production costs of the PS3 and a equal hit with the recall of laptop batteries. Had it not been for their other businesses they would have been in big trouble. In addition Sony took out a extremely large loan recently to cover costs. Also Sony took a large hit last quarter, if they are not careful they could end up in a bit o trouble.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 02:33 PM   #17
|MaguS|

The loan they took out was not to stay afloat, it was to expand. Sony posted a profit even thought it was lower then the previous year. Sony as a whole is not in the red, just their battery and games division but thanks to the movie division and Sonys TV Production they are still posting a profit.

I mean 80 Billion Yen wouldn't even cover their losses...
Old 02-02-07, 02:44 PM   #18
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The loan they took out was not to stay afloat, it was to expand. Sony posted a profit even thought it was lower then the previous year. Sony as a whole is not in the red, just their battery and games division but thanks to the movie division and Sonys TV Production they are still posting a profit.

I mean 80 Billion Yen wouldn't even cover their losses...
Just think, you don't need a loan if you have cash in hand, and sony doesn't.
Old 02-02-07, 04:05 PM   #19
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
Nice, I've been thinking of buying that phone as a secondary

I have the Sony Ericcson w850i ATM and I have nothing but positive things to say about that, especially the bluetooth features of the phone with SE Headset
I hope the bluetooth features are good. After all, Ericsson did design Bluetooth to begin with.

/works there
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 04:58 PM   #20
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Just think, you don't need a loan if you have cash in hand, and sony doesn't.
that's not how it works, companies take out loans all the time, doesn't mean they are bankrupt.

Old 02-02-07, 06:11 PM   #21
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
that's not how it works, companies take out loans all the time, doesn't mean they are bankrupt.
Of course that isn't how that works. They take out loans for purchases, etc, with the the intention that the improvements will offset the repayment costs. However that being said, most companies with cash in had would rather use that, rather than taking out a loan.
Old 02-02-07, 06:16 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Of course that isn't how that works. They take out loans for purchases, etc, with the the intention that the improvements will offset the repayment costs. However that being said, most companies with cash in had would rather use that, rather than taking out a loan.
No, They wouldn't... A company looks more profitable when it has more money onhand, the debt of loans doesn't affect the company unless they don't have profit coming in. Sony even with its losses still is a profitable company, banks are happy to loan them money because they know Sony will pay it back and its interest, why do you think Sony got an exteremly low interest rate on their huge loan... banks were competing with them. To Sony its basically free money for them to invest into new ventures.