Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-08-07, 04:09 PM   #1
jticeman500

Default XBox Live gold

Hi everybody,

I have been playing Lost planet: EC and it came with Xbox live gold 48hr trial and I was wondering how I activate this trial? When I try to put the code into the promotional code it says it needs a 25character code and on the trial brochure the code is only 9character… so does anybody know how to get this to work?

thanks
-jt
jticeman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 05:10 PM   #2
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: XBox Live gold

That's weird, you normally get a thing you have to scratch off with the code underneath.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 05:53 PM   #3
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Go to Xbox marketplace, account management then Xbox live passcode to see if it accepts 9 characters.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 02:07 AM   #4
Apollo 13
The Man

LMAO...you did the samething I did. On the left hand side ofyour 9 digit numbers there is a piece of paper you need to peel off and it will show the 25 digit number. I didn't even get to use to 2 days long because my 360 died on me after I downloaeded the GOW update and played online for 5 mins.
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Operating System: Vista Ultimate
Apollo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 03:46 AM   #5
kev13dd

I have a question about Gold vs Silver

I remember before Xbox 360 came out, there was talk about Silver being able to play multiplayer games online, but only during the weekends. Is this true? Or is gold required the absolute only way to play games like Halo and GoW online?

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 07:34 AM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
I have a question about Gold vs Silver

I remember before Xbox 360 came out, there was talk about Silver being able to play multiplayer games online, but only during the weekends. Is this true? Or is gold required the absolute only way to play games like Halo and GoW online?

K
Not true... although rarely (like every few months) you get some free time on Silver (like last years E3 I think the week or weekend or whatever was "sponsored" by verizon, so you had to put up with a bunch of VERIZON banners on live... but whatever).
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 02:48 PM   #7
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Not true... although rarely (like every few months) you get some free time on Silver (like last years E3 I think the week or weekend or whatever was "sponsored" by verizon, so you had to put up with a bunch of VERIZON banners on live... but whatever).
That blows... I just bought a X360, and after a game or two and a VGA cable my bank account was literally cut in half. Now I learn I have to buy a Live Gold account, and I learn that Madden (the only game I play practically) isn't backwards compatible, and the Madden 07 for the 360 doesn't even have half the features that 06 had for the original. Now I'm getting angry

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
Old 02-10-07, 07:16 PM   #8
Apollo 13
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
That blows... I just bought a X360, and after a game or two and a VGA cable my bank account was literally cut in half. Now I learn I have to buy a Live Gold account, and I learn that Madden (the only game I play practically) isn't backwards compatible, and the Madden 07 for the 360 doesn't even have half the features that 06 had for the original. Now I'm getting angry

K
that's why i'll be buying all the good multiplatform games that have MP on the PS3, because im not dropping $50 again on live.
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Operating System: Vista Ultimate
Apollo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-07, 07:57 PM   #9
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo 13
that's why i'll be buying all the good multiplatform games that have MP on the PS3, because im not dropping $50 again on live.
Well it's not as much that I'm outraged I have to pay for Live, I'm just upset that I bought a 360 under the illusion of something else. My fault. 50 bucks for 12 months of gaming isn't bad at all. PS3 might be free, but you're paying a lot more for it in the first place, AND it's not near as experienced and well populated as Live

K