Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-07-07, 06:15 PM   #13
Arioch

Default Re: Rewards coming for Gamerscores!

Sweet, now I can finally get my black dye tub and dragon statue.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 06:19 PM   #14
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
If you focus on points, you can get em quick.
So what is needed is a list of easy point games and a membership at your local video game rental store.
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 07:08 PM   #15
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Well, I must admit I'm not terribly interested in the rewards, but hey, free stuff is free stuff. Yeah its blatant marketting, but its not like its a bad idea. Get 1500 gamer points you win an icon/bragging rights and Contra. Contra is supposed to be good...uh...right?
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 10:29 PM   #16
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

Wow, now I feel special...

The whole achievement system and gamer score offers tons of possibilities yet this is the best they can come up with? How about actually rewarding the people who invest the time and money in the platform to build a high gamer score?

-Aristotle
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 07:21 AM   #17
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

While there are a few games that make it too easy to earn achievements, there are still many others where it's darn near impossible. F.E.A.R. had some really ridiculous ones, so did DOA 4 and DOAX 2. Gears is tough as well. In a lot of games, there are far too many points that have to be unlocked by playing multiplayer. If you're not into that, you're pretty much screwed.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 06:21 PM   #18
Arioch

You end up with a full 1000 points for just beating King Kong and that game is less than 10 hours to beat.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 07:17 PM   #19
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag
I didn't mean total points I meant possible points for the avg gamer. I would htink most around here are considered "hardcore gamers" and if they are only getting 1 or 2 points out of 1k on gears of war, I am assuming there are some other games where acquiring the points is equally as difficult.
They're talking about number of achievements unlocked. Gears has 1000 "points" but only 46 achievements. (maybe 47 or 48 can't remember)

But anyway.. you get 6 of those 46 by just beating the game on the easiest difficulty. The gear's ones aren't that hard. Some of the multiplayer ones could be, but you can get a lot of points by just doing the campaign ones.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 07:24 PM   #20
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp0rz
They're talking about number of achievements unlocked. Gears has 1000 "points" but only 46 achievements. (maybe 47 or 48 can't remember)

But anyway.. you get 6 of those 46 by just beating the game on the easiest difficulty. The gear's ones aren't that hard. Some of the multiplayer ones could be, but you can get a lot of points by just doing the campaign ones.
I personally don't have any mp achievements, for any game not just gears, because for some unknown effing reason, they require you to be in ranked servers. As if unranked servers are so much less legit or something.... such BS if you ask me.

Old 02-11-07, 01:03 AM   #21
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Eh.. I used to be crazy into the multi player aspect of gaming, but recently.. I just don't have time for it. If I have an hour to kill then I'll sit down and play a few levels of campaign. I just want to play a game, not dick around with servers and idiots online. So yeah, I'm without any multi ones too.

No biggie.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote