Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-12-07, 06:48 PM   #13
OWA

Default Re: PSN down?

It's up for me. I just have a master account.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 06:49 PM   #14
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Word is now that tech support reps are claiming that there was a hack attempt and they're sorting it out. Makes me really glad Sony has my CC number now. Dopes.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 08:11 AM   #15
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I was able to sign on last night after doing the "spam login" technique. Took about 15 tries, but it got there. Tried again this morning and it went through on the first try. Maybe they finally got it straightened out.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 12:55 PM   #16
Lyme

Sony loves to leave paying customers in the dark. They are a strong beliver that customers should be told as little as possible. This was done many many times in Everquest, keeping people out of the game for days at a time without a reason. In comparision with Blizzard who tells a generic reason and refunds playtime.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 01:10 PM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Sony loves to leave paying customers in the dark. They are a strong beliver that customers should be told as little as possible. This was done many many times in Everquest, keeping people out of the game for days at a time without a reason. In comparision with Blizzard who tells a generic reason and refunds playtime.
Most large Corps do not tell the customer the whole truth or anything... trust me, I work for at&t we lie through our teeth here.
Old 02-13-07, 02:09 PM   #18
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
It's funny I've heard similar things for nintendo from EGM editors in the latest podcast. They were talking about companies working with the magazines/websites to get information to the consumers and out of microsoft/nintendo/sony, nintendo was actually the hardest to work with. It was a interesting listen. Heres the link if you're interested. http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149975

IIRC Everquest is SOE, not SCE.
Old 02-13-07, 11:20 PM   #19
Lyme

Magus I've heard some of the interesting tales about at&t, and I do know how it is. Hey, I work for the government, just not your government.

BadBoy, SCE and SOE are both Sony. From the people I have known who worked for SOE, the corporate culture bleeds through the different layers.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 01:09 AM   #20
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
BadBoy, SCE and SOE are both Sony. From the people I have known who worked for SOE, the corporate culture bleeds through the different layers.
Before SOE was consumed by SCEA, SOE had very little to do SCE. They were just another part of the sony devisions. As much to do with SCE as Sony pictures or Sony music. Yes at the end of the day they are all Sony, but they are not all the exact same and do not operate the same. IIRC their parent company was orginally Sony Pictures. It was only recently they became apart of SCEA.