Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-14-07, 08:41 AM   #13
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: id announces Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars for PS3, Xbox 360

Quake 4 ran like a limp dog on the 360 because it was rushed out to market just like most of those EA titles that were rushed out for the PS3 launch. Prey ran alot better on the 360 and it pretty much uses the same engine that Quake 4 did.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 09:36 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
If I recall , aint this the case....

"PS3 with it's 24 pixel shaders, 8 vertex shaders. The 360 has 48 unified shaders"

Think that might make the difference somewhat.
Actually no one knows how many shaders the RSX has... just guesses by people. Sony nor Nvidia has never actually confirmed anything.

Lyme, If you want to bring up Oblivion, it is said that it looks better, runs smoother and loads quicker on the PS3...

Quote:
For one thing, the PS3 version has been optimized to take advantage of the Cell processor and hardware that the system offers. As a result, the game runs a lot faster than the 360 build. Entering dungeons or buildings results in a load of 3-5 seconds, compared to the 7-10 seconds or longer for the 360 version of the game. Similarly, the amount of framerate drops or hitches that cropped up in the wilderness as you accessed a new area on the 360 have been substantially reduced on the PS3 version.
Quote:
While there is still a fair amount of pop-in that occurs (which can't be helped due to the size of the world), the draw distance is farther than the 360 version.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762108p1.html
Old 02-14-07, 09:48 AM   #15
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Lyme, If you want to bring up Oblivion, it is said that it looks better, runs smoother and loads quicker on the PS3...
No, only had wanted to bring up the made up statement by IGN that quoted the developers of Oblivion saying the ps3 has less memory to use. However that was a mistake on my part for referencing IGN who has since I read the original article changed the quote and now is attributing that to the rumor mill.

IGN with their wonderful references also looses a lot in the article you quote, here's a better interview http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2007..._petehines_1.x

Quote:
Shack: Can you offer any insight into how much of that was made possible by the PS3 hardware versus simply the additional development time?

Pete Hines: It was entirely due to extra development time. It's not like the PS3 can do this and the others can't, it's actually something we were considering doing for the other platforms as well.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 09:59 AM   #16
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I thought Crysis had already been confirmed for PS3 and XBox360. I could be wrong though...
No, Cevat said it is not coming to 360 and PS3 as such, but did leave the door open for something like the console versions of the original Far Cry that are different games based on the same world.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote