Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-07-07, 12:46 PM   #13
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: My impressions of Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Yeah... cities are where it hits my system hard... which sucks because I find myself crafting quite a bit now... but anyway... a lot of MMOs have trouble in cities.
True but most are from server lag and not graphics perfromance problems, though I know what you mean.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 02:45 PM   #14
queth

8800gtx, vista 64, 4gb ram, e6700.
game runs fn awesome at 1920x1200 maxed out.
runs great in cities, rarely dipping below 15 fps even in central tursh.
if you get stutter you /flush
could it be better? yes of course but its pretty sweet as it is.
queth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 03:14 PM   #15
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by queth
8800gtx, vista 64, 4gb ram, e6700.
game runs fn awesome at 1920x1200 maxed out.
runs great in cities, rarely dipping below 15 fps even in central tursh.
if you get stutter you /flush
could it be better? yes of course but its pretty sweet as it is.
Well sure if you have the top of the line system it will have less problems but you are getting 15fps in certain areas. LOL!
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 03:23 PM   #16
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I don't even see how this is even up for discussion Xionn. Vanguard does not run good. It runs like crap. Its definitely not optimized and needs to be fixed. Sure you can post up your 60fps areas just as i can, but you can also post where you get 2-3 fps to make your shots a little more truthful.
Come on, Tyger. Quit BS'ng. There's nowhere in this game that runs at "2-3fps." The lowest my game ever gets now with bloom turned off is ~35-45fps in the crafting halls at Hathor Zhi. If you want me to post some screens of that, then I'll be perfectly happy to.

I agree that the game's not optimized as well as it should be, but don't go off the deep end.

I'm not sure where your animosity for my last comment comes from anyway. I was just trying to share a performance boost that I've figured out while playing the game while sharing a few nice shots I took last time out playing it, so you can stop trying to turn this around into an argument about me believing the game runs flawlessly.

And you guys need to listen to Blacklash and I. Turning bloom off does make a difference. A very SIGNIFICANT difference. Turn that off and go back to your cities that are dragging down to 15fps and you'll see what I mean. The bloom effect that is used around the torches and the glare effect off floors does not jive well with the HDR effect in this engine at all. It needs to be disabled until they can work out the bugs with it.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 03:42 PM   #17
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Come on, Tyger. Quit BS'ng. There's nowhere in this game that runs at "2-3fps." The lowest my game ever gets now with bloom turned off is ~35-45fps in the crafting halls at Hathor Zhi. If you want me to post some screens of that, then I'll be perfectly happy to.

I agree that the game's not optimized as well as it should be, but don't go off the deep end.

I'm not sure where your animosity for my last comment comes from anyway. I was just trying to share a performance boost that I've figured out while playing the game while sharing a few nice shots I took last time out playing it, so you can stop trying to turn this around into an argument about me believing the game runs flawlessly.

And you guys need to listen to Blacklash and I. Turning bloom off does make a difference. A very SIGNIFICANT difference. Turn that off and go back to your cities that are dragging down to 15fps and you'll see what I mean. The bloom effect that is used around the torches and the glare effect off floors does not jive well with the HDR effect in this engine at all. It needs to be disabled until they can work out the bugs with it.
I'll try your advice about the bloom. I'm not sure if its on or not to be honest. I'll report my results.

Either way, even if bloom gives me 10fps back i still think the game has a ways to go with optimization. However, the game runs WAAAAYYY better than in beta so I won't complain much.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote