Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-07, 01:59 AM   #1
clboy

Default Asus striker extreme problem

Hi, I've been lurking here for sometime and now have a serious problem with my system. Up until recently everything was running stable and fine. I just received my x64 Vista Ultimate Edition, and in preperation downloaded all the latest drivers and updates. I also used the asus web based bios update to upgrade the bios to 9.01. However after rebooting the system it would not post, I've moved the CLRTC jumper from postion 1-2 , to 2-3 and followed the instructions to reset the bios and so far have no luck. Any suggestions as what to do next? before I RMA the motherboard?
clboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 10:09 PM   #2
john19055

Default Re: Asus striker extreme problem

Can you go back to the other bois to see if it works right like it used to before you updated to the new Bios update and see if the new bios is the problem.
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-07, 04:13 AM   #3
Digital_Trans

Default Re: Asus striker extreme problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by clboy
Hi, I've been lurking here for sometime and now have a serious problem with my system. Up until recently everything was running stable and fine. I just received my x64 Vista Ultimate Edition, and in preperation downloaded all the latest drivers and updates. I also used the asus web based bios update to upgrade the bios to 9.01. However after rebooting the system it would not post, I've moved the CLRTC jumper from postion 1-2 , to 2-3 and followed the instructions to reset the bios and so far have no luck. Any suggestions as what to do next? before I RMA the motherboard?

Sounds like your bios chip didn't take the flash and failed and errored out. This happens alot with most Asus motherboards I've used. Even the Asus striker extreme can fail to no matter how high-end you go. Call Asus tech support and get transferred to their Bios dept. there's a lady named Karen who might be super cool and FedEx ground you the most current bios rom chip free. I know your motherboard is good it's the small bios rom chip in the socket which you can pull out and replace with a working bios rom chip. Go online and buy a cheap bios rom extractor tool called the PLCC Extractor http://www.hobbytron.com/PLCC-Extractor.html use it to remove the dead bios and replace it with the new one. I know because I've been in the same boat as you a couple of times before. Get a bios rom mailed to you or you can wait it out for nearly 3 weeks and have you motherboard shipped back. Do as I tell you and I'm sure your going to get a better result in getting your motherboard up and running again. I know your just dying to get back on it! When that **** happened to me I didn't know what to do but now knowing is half the battle for you! Good Luck!
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Quad 3.8GHz LCi
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400)
GPU: 3 X EVGA GTX 280 FTW Edition TRI-SLI
HDD: 3 X 150GB WD Raptor-X
HDD: 1 - 500GB Seagate Barracuda
HDD: 1 - 640GB WD Caviar SE
DVD: 2 X Ultra Slim 20X IDE DVD/CD Writer
SPU: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-Express
LG Super Multi Blu-ray RW/HDDVD: GGW-H20L
Display: Dell UltraSharp 30" LCD
Gateway XHD3000 Black 30" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64 SP1