Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-07, 09:34 AM   #1
superklye

Default Sony to bring Rescue Me season 3 to BD

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news..._Rescue_Me/551

Damn it. One of my favorite shows...it's getting harder and harder to stay HD DVD exclusive.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 10:16 AM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Sony to bring Rescue Me season 3 to BD

Awsome! I love the show, will they bring the first two seasons?
Old 04-05-07, 10:22 AM   #3
superklye

Eventually, that article said that they were focusing mainly on day-and-date releases for right now but they planned on getting out catalog releases eventually.
Old 04-05-07, 10:24 AM   #4
|MaguS|

Damit, means I gotta keep my DVDs abit longer... btw whens the next season start?
Old 04-05-07, 10:30 AM   #5
superklye

6/12!

I can't wait! The Shield just started back up this week...it's a good time to be a TV fan.
Old 04-05-07, 10:39 AM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
6/12!

I can't wait! The Shield just started back up this week...it's a good time to be a TV fan.
Yup... the new episode of The Shield freaking OWNED and I can't wait for the next one... SOMEBODY FREAKING DIES WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF? !@

Anyway... I hope they put The Shield on BD... don't care much for Rescue Me from what I have seen... but The Shield is awesome.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 10:41 AM   #7
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Yup... the new episode of The Shield freaking OWNED and I can't wait for the next one... SOMEBODY FREAKING DIES WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF? !@

Anyway... I hope they put The Shield on BD... don't care much for Rescue Me from what I have seen... but The Shield is awesome.
It was a great episode, but I don't think the Shield will ever be on BD. Or, if it is, it won't be HD. It's hot in SD and intentionally looks gritty and raw to give it that unique feel it has. If it ever showed up on BD, it'd likely be to just get the entire season on a single disc in SD.
Old 04-05-07, 08:30 PM   #8
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
It was a great episode, but I don't think the Shield will ever be on BD. Or, if it is, it won't be HD. It's hot in SD and intentionally looks gritty and raw to give it that unique feel it has. If it ever showed up on BD, it'd likely be to just get the entire season on a single disc in SD.
I know it is made to look gritty... but I didn't know it was shot in SD . Even still... it would be cool to buy 1 disc for an entire season... even if it was just SD... I hate swapping discs while trying to watch a freaking show.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-07, 08:34 PM   #9
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I know it is made to look gritty... but I didn't know it was shot in SD . Even still... it would be cool to buy 1 disc for an entire season... even if it was just SD... I hate swapping discs while trying to watch a freaking show.
Yeah, it really would be great to put in a disc and hit "play all" and have it mean ALL of the season.

I hope shows like Futurama, the Simpsons and so on all get re-released in this fashion.