Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-13-07, 02:14 PM   #13
Redeemed

Default Re: Hey Redeemed...

Right on dude. Keep us informed of how well you like the board. It should be excellent for over clocking- so let us know what that 6000 tops out at.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 02:22 PM   #14
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Right on dude. Keep us informed of how well you like the board. It should be excellent for over clocking- so let us know what that 6000 tops out at.
I will.....you better keep up before I leave yo butt!
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 02:33 PM   #15
Saintster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
I am happy with the AMD brand. When I become discontent with it, then I will buy Intel. Right now, I am satisfied with it.

Honestly, buying a e6600 is not worth it...it may be a little faster, but it's not some blinding speed that would make me worship it for all of my days. I know that reviews have shown it to be faster, but come on, how much difference is a A64 6000 compared to a 6600? Not enough for me to switch camp.

I don't drink root beer.

I hear ya. I've always used AMD chips. Never owned an Intel chip and never will. I like going against the popular bandwagon anyway,always have always will. It's funny how alot people now that used to question why someone would buy a pentium 3 or 4 now question why buy A64 chips and not the almighty Core Duo Intel chips. Oh well! Good luck on the O/C.
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 02:41 PM   #16
john19055

I am not Brand loyal ,I get what ever is the best deal at the time, It does'nt manner if it is AMD or Intel or nvidia or ATi to me.The prices of AMD CPU are sure getting cheap,you can get the AM2 X2 3600 65 nm Brisbane for $65 with free shipping and it looks like they will overclock good too.It looks like most people can get 2.8g to 3gigs out of it.It looks like a great deal when you can get a dual core and get 3gigs out of it for $65 and memory sure has come down ,you can get 2gigs of DDR2 800 for under $120
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 02:46 PM   #17
Saintster

Quote:
Originally Posted by john19055
The prices of AMD CPU are sure getting cheap,you can get the AM2 X2 3600 65 nm Brisbane for $65 with free shipping and it looks like they will overclock good too.It looks like most people can get 2.8g to 3gigs out of it.It looks like a great deal when you can get a dual core and get 3gigs out of it for $65 and memory sure has come down ,you can get 2gigs of DDR2 800 for under $120

The price cuts were insane,I need to pay more attention to these types of things. I bought my FX 60 when it was 600.00 I thought that was good and a few months later the were cut again. I've always just bought the best right when it came out, not anymore. I just decided to skip the AM2 ddr2 upgrade because 1 I spent a lot on my current rig and I'm 2 lazy to do another build. I just re built my kids rigs not to long ago. I'm waiting to see what I can get in the 1st quarter of 2008.
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 05:03 PM   #18
Redeemed

Quote:
I will.....you better keep up before I leave yo butt!

I'm still content with my two 8800GTSs for now. But, with these new specs on the Radeon HD 2900XT being "released"- I'm wondering if I should wait untill ATi's cards are available to purchase. If the HD 2900XT smokes the 8800GTX by a decent amount without costing a fortune either, then I just might go with a CrossFire setup instead of SLi. Which means I need to start researching some CrossFire AM2 boards.
Old 04-13-07, 05:05 PM   #19
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed

I'm still content with my two 8800GTSs for now. But, with these new specs on the Radeon HD 2900XT being "released"- I'm wondering if I should wait untill ATi's cards are available to purchase. If the HD 2900XT smokes the 8800GTX by a decent amount without costing a fortune either, then I just might go with a CrossFire setup instead of SLi. Which means I need to start researching some CrossFire AM2 boards.
I hope that they do come out with them soon, because then the nvidia prices are gonna drop!
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 04:52 AM   #20
Redeemed

Quote:
I hope that they do come out with them soon, because then the nvidia prices are gonna drop!
I browsed through Newegg's CrossFire motherboards- and my favorite has to be the EPoX. I'm wanting to have more than one PCI slot available, and would like to even have a PCI-e x1 slot available as well even if I'm using two dual-slot video cards. The EPoX board fits that bill nicely.

Also, I'm still running dual PATA hard drives, and use dual PATA optical drives, so have two IDE ports would be ideal. The EPoX has this. Plus, it has six SATA ports plus one external SATA port (plenty for me). It also handles up to 16GB of ram. More than I'll need anytime soon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813123022

Anyhow, I'm not impressed with any of ASUS' or any other companies offerings for CrossFire mobo's. Maybe if the HD 2900XT is the beast the specs imply it will be, Newegg will get a fresh supply of really awesome CrossFire mobos (comparable to ASUS' CrossHair mobo for SLi).