Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-03, 01:36 AM   #1
tessellator

Question quadroFX 1000/E7505 chipset

Is Nvidia going to support the Intel E7505 chipset any time soon?

I've installed the latest driver on a redhat9 machine with a quadroFX 1000 card and an E7505 based motherboard. Graphics performance benchmarks are way low (on most parameters lower than my laptop). Worse yet, when an opengl app is running, the X server stalls to almost a standstill. I noticed in the README file that this chipset is not supported, which makes me believe that the AGP bus is not being utilized at all. I tried to play witht the "NvAGP" option in XF86Config but nothing helps. The problem is that my current kernel (4.20.9) does not support E7505 either so I can't compile AGPGART into the kernel. One option would be to upgrade to version 5, which has such support but I'm a little leery of switching to a flaky kernel without being certain that this would resolve the AGP problem.

Any advice?
tessellator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-03, 10:20 AM   #2
tessellator

OK, I searched more thoroughly the thread list and I found some useful information regarding my problem. Sorry about duplicating.

So as far as I understand, the bottom line is this: E7505 is (tacitly) supported by NVAGP so I shouldn't worry about upgrading my kernel. Also, I'll need to reduce the memory to 2GB since there's possibly a bug in the driver, although I haven't seen any explicit official aknowledgement. And last,
as long as the kernel's AGPGART is configured as a module, and not compiled into the kernel, nvidia's driver should work fine with the "NvAGP" option set to "3" (default).

Am I missing something?

Also, can somebody confirm that the memory size issue is related to a bug in the driver?

Thx.
tessellator is offline   Reply With Quote