Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-03, 06:58 AM   #1
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Exclamation OMG! AN insult @ nVnews

http://www.3dgpu.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4712

Quote:
If you display the attitude that your typical fanboy does you will be ridiculed until you go away. I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick and tired of the little pissing matches going on in this forum, and the hardware forum too.

If you want to support your silicon gods go do it at nv news or rage3d, they like that kind of stuff over there.

I guess I'm going to have to start hanging out at Beyond 3d a lot more if I want to read intelligent discussions on video cards, damn sad.
Why the attack?
Old 05-14-03, 07:12 AM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Well, the user name of the person who made that post sure is fitting. But I'd like to see a response from Matt on that one before anything else.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-03, 07:22 AM   #3
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I responded, the guy probably saw the word NVIDIA and instantly thought fan boy site.
Old 05-14-03, 07:28 AM   #4
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
I responded, the guy probably saw the word NVIDIA and instantly thought fan boy site.
Well I sent off an e-mail using the feedback addy. I hope he doesn't delete it if he has access. Just pray that Matt can rectify the situation fast otherwise this will become one of those dragging incidents that last a good week or so.
Old 05-14-03, 07:30 AM   #5
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

why bother

consider all the extra FREE publicity that nvnews gets ?

and if we get unsavory trolls... I am sure mr flibble will enjoy buggering em rotten
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-03, 07:40 AM   #6
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Yeah meat hook buggery

I had to register and post though to set that straight, I don't want people thinking we are just a fan site full of raging fan boys.
Old 05-14-03, 07:44 AM   #7
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Yeah meat hook buggery

I had to register and post though to set that straight, I don't want people thinking we are just a fan site full of raging fan boys.
every GOOD site has fanboys

ie... every GOOD site has 12 yr old boys going through puberty.. it happens..

btw... bout that meat hook thinger

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-03, 09:44 AM   #8
poursoul
i eat people

why do you guys want me to do something about this?
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-03, 09:54 AM   #9
digitalwanderer

Question Question?

Don't you have to respect the source of an insult before taking offense at it?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-03, 07:37 PM   #10
legion88
WhatIfSports.com Junkie

Default Re: OMG! AN insult @ nVnews

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
http://www.3dgpu.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4712

Why the attack?
I believe that was a reference to the fanboy posts in the forums, not about the staff at the websites.

If he was also including the staff, then his commentary is only partly correct. I don't remember NVNews writing up an editorial trying to cover up a "bug" in the Quake3-enhanced drivers. Nor do I see NVIDIA taking ideas from a NVNews editorial on how to defend themselves after getting caught using that "bug".

People like to "forget" (for the lack of a better word) the order in which things happened.

ATI had Quake3-enhanced drivers without mentioning it to anyone. Websites used it in their previews without mentioning that they had Q3-enhanced drivers. (NVIDIA was kind enough to pass along the news to certain media outlets like Tom's Hardware. These outlets chose to keep quiet. So you can forget about the "unbiased" reporting from these sites when they knowingly withheld information that disputes the validity of their results.)

When the card finally hit the store shelves, those holding out the information about the drivers finally opened up. HardOCP beat Tom to the punch on that one. Tom chose to stay quiet about the drivers when his review was published. I can only guess that HardOCP wanted to wait until the "final" shipping drivers were available before saying something.

ATi's response was to keep quiet when the masses found out what they did.

Fanboys in the forums jumped on ATI's defense while ATI was keeping their mouth shut. The argument from the fanboys ranged from the "so-what" type defense to "bug" defense. Fanboy webmasters writes editorial, showing a preference to the "bug" defense. Even before the editorial was posted, the "bug" defense was quite popular among the mindless drones.

ATI gets interviewed by FiringSquad where the "bug" defense was finally used as ATI's official response.

Why do you need a PR department when you can use a fanboy site and their forums as your source of PR ideas?

Maybe someone should e-mail NVIDIA and inform them that NVNews and its forum members can be just as valuable as a PR resource as a certain other site is to ATi.
legion88 is offline   Reply With Quote