Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-06, 09:43 PM   #1
ShdwDrgnEC

Send a message via AIM to ShdwDrgnEC Send a message via MSN to ShdwDrgnEC Send a message via Yahoo to ShdwDrgnEC
Default AMD 64 Nvidia Linux Install Problem

I am attempting to load in FC5 into my new system that I recently received. I am going to admit I am a newb and that I have asked and gotten a response in a newsgroup with no luck on the recommendation. I have a Asus A8N SLI board with 2GB memory and a geoforce fx5200gt card. On attempting installation it freezes and will not go past the USB but even with the /nousb it still will not load completely. Is there a driver disk that I need to load before the installation or during the installation? Please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Shadow Dragon in EC
ShdwDrgnEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 09:14 PM   #2
ShdwDrgnEC

Send a message via AIM to ShdwDrgnEC Send a message via MSN to ShdwDrgnEC Send a message via Yahoo to ShdwDrgnEC
Default Re: AMD 64 Nvidia Linux Install Problem

Any clues?? see lots of looks but no replies. I cannot find it listed anywhere.. Pls help.
Old 07-05-06, 10:37 PM   #3
B. Williams

Are you sure that the install disk is good? The Linux kernel has native support for the USB controller, so no drivers are necessary. I suspect that your disk may be bad.

Regards,
Bradley Williams
Owner, BW Services
B. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-06, 06:56 PM   #4
ShdwDrgnEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Williams
Are you sure that the install disk is good? The Linux kernel has native support for the USB controller, so no drivers are necessary. I suspect that your disk may be bad.

Regards,
Bradley Williams
Owner, BW Services
I have tried reloading the disc and attempting the file checker and cannot get to that point due to it starts with the USB driver again. I have re-downloaded and re-burned a new copy and tried it again with both the CD and DVD versions of the 64 bit with no luck. I also have a version from a Linux book from SAMS and tried that with the same problem. It is kinda perplexing and frustrating. I hear lots of good things about linux and cannot get it to load onto the system. I have tried the "LIVE" versions and they work fine (since they do not load on the sytem).
Old 04-21-07, 09:13 PM   #5
ShdwDrgnEC

Talking Re: AMD 64 Nvidia Linux Install Problem

I finally got it to work with FC6. Thanks for the help. I am now trying to learn how to install the NVIDIA drivers in it.