Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-29-07, 07:38 AM   #1
RawMustard

Default 8800GTX-Which is my primary monitor?

My system consists of an 8800GTX with 2 Philips 190B Digital Flat Panels connected via DVI cables. When I boot my system, I get my bios and boot screen on what I consider my primary screen0(My Right Screen) but for some strange reason, once Ubuntu 7.04 starts up GDM, it places my login on my left screen what I consider to be Screen1. This was never the case with Dapper and my 7800GTX, also windows seems to recognise my right screen as my primary also.

Now when I go into nVidia settings, it reports my left screen as screen0, how can this be?

I've used the Option "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-1, DFP-0" which allows me to set my right screen as my primary screen, but Gnome still thinks my left screen is my primary screen which just makes life in Metacity and TwinView more miserable than it already is :P~~

Did something change hardware wise in the 8800's or is it a Gnome issue, I'm not to sure?

I've included my xorg.conf file for anyone interested in taking a look. I'd just like to know if I'm going mad or is this the way it is these days?

Oh and this config worked perfectly well with my 7800GTX without the infoOder option.

Oh and I would also like to add that when I switch over to single screen mode, everything jumps over to my left screen and my right screen shuts off. If I reboot, I get my bios and boot stuff on the right and then it all switches over to my left. Confused yet? Yeah me too

Thanks...

xorg.conf.txt
logfiles.zip
RawMustard is offline   Reply With Quote