Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-05-07, 12:39 AM   #13
DMx
*BANNED*

Default Re: 3DMark performance difference in Vista

I don't find it funny one bit. The reason I love XP is because it is Microsoft's best OS to date and that all the alternatives (Linux, etc) are not as widely supported by 3rd parties as Microsoft is.

If Linux was more widely supported I would gladly adopt it, no crashes, better performance from my Graphics Card.

THAT is the reason I love XP and hate Microsoft.
DMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 06:54 AM   #14
DHP
Graph-X-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMx
Well consider this:

Microsoft really needs to pull up their act, people don't want everything located inside Control Panel and people don't want millions of popups saying this program wants to run, or you don't have enough permissions to move folders around inside Program Files (even though you're an Administrator).

I currently work as an IT Support Officer for the NHS, and I think that our calls will TRIPLE when the NHS migrates to Vista.

That is all.

All these administrator options can be disabled and superfetch too.

A lot of things in Vista can be disables if you don't like them.

I thought Vista sucked too, but I thought XP sucked in the beginning too. You just have too learn to work with Vista I guess... The whole world will be using it in the future. Just like XP now...
Cooler Master Real Power M1000 | Samsung 245B 24" Widescreen LCD
DHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 10:43 AM   #15
SlieTheSecond

I agree, I would be with Linux too in a heart beat if it was more widely adopted and supported. That's not the case tho, so I too will stick with windows.

3D Mark 06: 12461 || 3D Mark 05: 18397 || 3D Mark 03: 40149
SlieTheSecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 06:12 PM   #16
Shocky

Well 3dmark06 still does represent DX9 performance which all current games kinda are so if your a gamer why use vista. A new OS should at least be equal to its predecessor in terms of performance, not slower. Why the hell would anyone upgrade to an OS that runs your games slower?
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 05:27 AM   #17
DHP
Graph-X-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky
Well 3dmark06 still does represent DX9 performance which all current games kinda are so if your a gamer why use vista. A new OS should at least be equal to its predecessor in terms of performance, not slower. Why the hell would anyone upgrade to an OS that runs your games slower?
To run DX10 games in the very near future.
Cooler Master Real Power M1000 | Samsung 245B 24" Widescreen LCD
DHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 06:42 AM   #18
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMx
I don't find it funny one bit. The reason I love XP is because it is Microsoft's best OS to date and that all the alternatives (Linux, etc) are not as widely supported by 3rd parties as Microsoft is.

If Linux was more widely supported I would gladly adopt it, no crashes, better performance from my Graphics Card.

THAT is the reason I love XP and hate Microsoft.
Um... no. If that were the case linux would be number one if not atleast very competitive in the enthusiast gaming crowd. You might get better performance in OpenGL games- but very few at that. Linux has a very small game base, and it is horrible with DX based games. From a gamers' perspective Linux sucks all the way around. For the enthusiast that doesn't game much, Linux kicks-@$$. Me, I love kubuntu- but I also love Vista far more.

Let me know how well Crysis runs on Linux once it comes out...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 07:16 AM   #19
Demon_82
El Destructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMx
Well consider this:

Linux which has been out for years still runs many of the applications as it did years ago, even more effectively.

Windows which has been out near enough the same time as Linux, yet it doesn't even run software well from only a few years back (98, etc)

Face it, Microsoft sucks and Windows XP has been their best operating system to date. Now, when XP was first released I thought it was junk too, but shortly afterwards Service Packs were released and it impressed me and I love it to date.

Until Vista proves me otherwise, I will stand firm by my opinion, and a lot of my friends also value my opinion when it comes to anything PC-wise (none of them have as an extensive knowledge as me).

Microsoft really needs to pull up their act, people don't want everything located inside Control Panel and people don't want millions of popups saying this program wants to run, or you don't have enough permissions to move folders around inside Program Files (even though you're an Administrator).

I currently work as an IT Support Officer for the NHS, and I think that our calls will TRIPLE when the NHS migrates to Vista.

That is all.
Linux has been out for years and has been suffering slight modifications, knowing that it has a lesser software base and that it needs to conserve it. Windows isn't the same OS every time it changes name, and they know that for most of the time, the other software developers will adapt their products to the changes made to Windows from version to version. And if you look back, every new windows verison ahs been slower than the previous one in it's first year at last. I don't see what's the trouble this time... I've been running it since december and I got about a 10% of the troubles I was having with XP in the same time. It's not that bad, as it's neither perfect.
6 x 2GB Kingston ValueRam DDR3 1333 @ 1520
Nox Pulsar 750w / Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64Bits
Demon_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 07:23 AM   #20
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_82
Linux has been out for years and has been suffering slight modifications, knowing that it has a lesser software base and that it needs to conserve it. Windows isn't the same OS every time it changes name, and they know that for most of the time, the other software developers will adapt their products to the changes made to Windows from version to version. And if you look back, every new windows verison ahs been slower than the previous one in it's first year at last. I don't see what's the trouble this time... I've been running it since december and I got about a 10% of the troubles I was having with XP in the same time. It's not that bad, as it's neither perfect.
Not to mention Vista is also faster for day to day functions. It only becomes "slower" when gaming. And even then it is by just a few FPS.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-07, 11:54 AM   #21
Shocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHP
To run DX10 games in the very near future.
So until then we just put up with poor dx9 performance.. Yeah ok..
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 05:15 PM   #22
john19055

That is what I am waiting on ,is good drivers and good SLI support.I still have not put in my copy of Vista Ultimate because of all the complaints I hear about the performance not being as good as XP,and SLI performance not up to par compared to XP.
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote