Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-07, 01:22 PM   #73
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 30, L1 -> L0 NOT FIXED YET !!!!!

freeDrivers,
I'm not sure what more you want me to say. My last few comments have summarized my position. While it might not be what you want to hear, the problems that you're having may not be an NVIDIA bug at all. Until you can provide me with a means of reproducing the problems, I can't speculate on what the actual issue may be.
Old 05-17-07, 04:24 PM   #74
devanhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeDrivers
If he can't reproduce the messages is becaouse he doesn't used my motherboard (with nvidia chipset) and he doesn't used a dual core processor with smp kernel >= 2.6.20 and he doesn't used the Postal 2 game.*snip*.
Perhaps this was overlooked, but my hardware experienced the same error, with a different motherboard (RS480M-IL), without an nvidia chipset, with a single core AMD64, a 2.6.19 kernel, and died while playing video.

The machine had been running for nearly a month continually, and in a dual screen state, and had played approximately 80 hours of video in that time, via mplayer -vo gl <some video here>. The ambient temperature reported was roughly 50C at the time, but I do not have a record of the core temperature, but I estimate it was near 58C.

This however appears to have been in a somewhat different context, as the codes leading up to 30, L1->L0 and following are different, now that I have time to compare bug reports.

Is anyone allowed to elaborate on what the class of 30 error codes pertain to?
Old 05-18-07, 09:59 PM   #75
Zzozo2

Post It's time to get rid of this Xid annoyance/bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpilotx
Mine too, mine too. I have a Core 2 Duo machine with 8800GTS 320 MByte, and in the "game" X-Plane (it's the best flightsim which also supports Linux by the way - www.x-plane.com) I have every now or then the freezes. The usual: "NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 13" issue in dmesg. And i also seem some graphical glitches before the freeze happens (or sometimes the driver seems to manage to save the situation, and it doesn't freeze, but already logs the NVRM messages). Even better, I have found a specific situation (settings and a specific airport to start flying), where I only have to switch to external view, and I immediately get the flickering/freeze. So, I already have a way to reproduce it. But NVidia only answered 8after I opened a BUG via eMail), that they can't reproduce it (I doubt, they even have X-Plane - so why do they say that???), and this seems to be specific to my environment.
But now I will try to refute their statement - that it is specific to my environment - with the help of another X-Plane user. He has an 8800GTX and a fairly different system (AMD instead of Intel etc.), but has already seen - one or two times - the same freeze (and has the NVRM messages in his log!). Now I hope, that with my directions, he will be able to reproduce the bug too. Then it can't be specific to my system ...

alpilotx
I have what seems to be the same problems you have with X-Plane (btw, thanks for your tremendous work ), i.e. : Many Xid lines that appears in the system log, which lead to a total freeze of X11, and then a kernel panic.

Nevertheless, juste before the kernel panic, I managed to launch the nvidia-bug-report.sh script, using a serial console, and get the result file saved.

My machine setup, is different and actually is :
- Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (so it's an nForce4 chipset) motherboard with latest bios (1016)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- 2 GB of RAM (4 banks)
- 1 x Leadtek 8800 GTS with 640 MB VRAM onboard
- 1 x 500W S12 Seasonic PSU

I'm using a Gentoo Linux 64 bits setup.
I'm using a 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 kernel and Nvidia driver version 100.14.03.

Btw, alpilotx, can you try to takeoff from DAOI (El Chelif, or something like that in Algeria) between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM ?
When I do that, most of the time, the Xid scenario occurs and ends in a kernel panic.

Do you have the same symptoms/problem ?

Other than this case with X-Plane, I have several other times where the Xid error problem appears, most notably when playing multiple videos at the same time, while using Beryl. I'm preparing a complete setup to help Nvidia support reproduce it.

This bug must go into oblivion, now.
And I will do all I can to make this happen.

Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report_19052007_0409.log (109.9 KB, 84 views)
Old 05-21-07, 03:39 AM   #76
freeDrivers

Question Re: NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 30, L1 -> L0 NOT FIXED YET !!!!!

Anyway, if my bug can't be solved, what is the next step ?? What else can I do ?? What choices does nvidia offer me ??
Old 05-21-07, 03:56 AM   #77
jokx
Tux and Beyond

Thumbs down Re: NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 30, L1 -> L0 NOT FIXED YET !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
freeDrivers,
I'm not sure what more you want me to say. My last few comments have summarized my position. While it might not be what you want to hear, the problems that you're having may not be an NVIDIA bug at all. Until you can provide me with a means of reproducing the problems, I can't speculate on what the actual issue may be.
incredible !

We explain many kind of situation to get this bug, we report you many different nvidia-bug-report ... and you turn around the problem ...

The reality : We have buy buggy n'vidia card, last bios update, last vga-bios update and last n'vidia beta driver update don't solve the problem. Now your beta drivers is unable to show you a solution OR there no solution. So, you take us to be monkeys ...

The solution : Sell n'vidia card and use your money to buy a intel graphic powered motherboard.
Old 05-21-07, 04:23 AM   #78
Lithorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokx
incredible !

We explain many kind of situation to get this bug, we report you many different nvidia-bug-report ... and you turn around the problem ...

The reality : We have buy buggy n'vidia card, last bios update, last vga-bios update and last n'vidia beta driver update don't solve the problem. Now your beta drivers is unable to show you a solution OR there no solution. So, you take us to be monkeys ...

The solution : Sell n'vidia card and use your money to buy a intel graphic powered motherboard.
You DO know that Nvidia doesn't produce the actual cards, right? They only produce the chips and the card manufacture is responsible for the last parts.
Old 05-21-07, 09:53 AM   #79
freeDrivers

But is NVIDIA who write the drivers and it's bugs. So they have to take care of the customers when they screw up.
The hardware is supossed to be right becaouse it should be showed in some kind of driver message (that only nvidia knows) and my card is new (i bought it three or four months ago).

I'll never spend money on nvidia again but now i've done, WHAT ELSE CAN I DO??
Old 05-21-07, 04:27 PM   #80
adamk75

You can return the card.

Adam

Old 05-21-07, 06:25 PM   #81
freeDrivers

I'd have to return my card and my motherboard, because it has an nforce3 chipset and only nvidia drivers have support ot nforce3 agp. So if i wnat 3d acceleration with my motherboard, I have to use a nvidia card.

Anyway, I don't think the shop where i bought the card to give my money back... so I think is nvidia who has to take care of this ...
Old 05-22-07, 08:36 AM   #82
jokx
Tux and Beyond

Thumbs down Re: NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 30, L1 -> L0 NOT FIXED YET !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithorus
You DO know that Nvidia doesn't produce the actual cards, right? They only produce the chips and the card manufacture is responsible for the last parts.
The problem come from the N'Vidia driver under Linux kernel 2.6.20 and/or Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. All work right under Edgy Eft, but I haven't buy a modern card to use it on a out-dated operating system.

The N'Vidia drivers is not a product of my card manufacturer ! SO the problem is a N'Vidia problem. I let's a try to N'Vidia developer for solving the problem (about 1 or 2 month). If no solution is found I will advise my public that N'Vidia card is no more the better product under Linux.

What irritate me is that N'Vidia dev not ask me about getting information, he just turn around the problem and pray that I will weary and go out of this forum !!!
Old 05-22-07, 08:43 AM   #83
jokx
Tux and Beyond

Haha :

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.tech...phics-drivers/
http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=288

Sooooo ... I think you have about 1 to 6 month to find a solution and don't loose your Linux N'Vidia 7xxx ship's customer...

Have a nice day.
Old 05-22-07, 09:40 AM   #84
freeDrivers

Lightbulb Re: NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 30, L1 -> L0 NOT FIXED YET !!!!!

I realised that when I update the mesa libraries, the nvidia opengl libraries get smashed by the mesa ones. After this, the 3d performance is very low, but the bug dissapears at all !!! So.... the problem is in nvidia software !!!!!

netllama, i suposed you to use a debian unstable GNU/Linux system... did you ???
Closed Thread