Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-07, 12:49 PM   #1
k_ozz

Default DVD Profiler 3.0

I did a search and did not find it posted here. (Thought about posting in General Software, but figured that here might be a better fit)

Looking for a good program to catalog all your DVD's, HDDVD's, and Blue Ray.

http://www.invelos.com/

Well worth the money IMO.

K
k_ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 10:16 AM   #2
superklye

Default Re: DVD Profiler 3.0

This looks pretty sweet, but what makes it better than DVD Aficionado? Are all the features and extra information really that necessary/useful?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 03:16 PM   #3
k_ozz

Not Sure,

I have never herd of DVD Aficionado, I may check it out.

I have been using DVD Profiler for at least 3 years now. One of the main things I use it for is the reports function and print out a inventory every few months or so that I keep in a binder. There is many custom report formats that can be downloaded and printed.

There is also a loan function, that you can use if you let people borrow your DVD's, I could see that as a handy feature if you would loan out many DVD's, but like I said I am not sure what DVD Aficionado consists of if that is something that it has.

Right now I am sitting at 352 DVD's kind of hard to remember what all I have. The printed inventory comes in handy when I want to find something to watch.

I did not notice any posts about inventory software so I figured that I would share this one with the forums.

It used to be completley free, DVD Profiler 2.X I believe was that last version that I had, before upgrading. If you could get ahold of that you could give it a try and see which is better for your use.

K
Old 05-24-07, 03:32 PM   #4
superklye

Hmm...that's cool. DVD Aficionado is tied into Amazon (I think) and lets you search for pretty much anything/everything released on DVD/Blu-ray/HD DVD and add it to your list. You can make sublists and categorize as you please as well as view your collection by genre as defined by their source.

It's pretty nice and I like it since I don't have to manually enter each item I have. Say I wanted to add all 9 seasons of The X-Files...I just search of "X-files" and everything in its database that has that string comes up and you then choose which ones you have via checkbox, click "Add to _____" and add it to the list you want it to be on.

It's pretty slick but not as advanced as DVD Profiler. I know they're working on DVDA2.0 so maybe that'll have more of the functionality that profiler has.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 04:33 PM   #5
k_ozz

Cool,

I checkd it out a bit, during a break here at work.
It seems like a cool program I really like the price.
But seeing as I payed for DVD Pro, that is what I will stay with.
The search feature to add is something that would of come in handy, when I first started using DVD Pro I had to input about 100 DVD by typing in the UPC, it is supposed to support bar code scanners, but I dont have one of thoes laying around...