Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-31-07, 08:26 PM   #1
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

Default But...But I thought Neo was going to bring victory to the HD-DVD Camp?

As expected...

Quote:
The two “Pirates” films sold a combined total of nearly 47,000 units, while the higher-priced “Matrix” sets sold about 13,900 units.

In dollars, there was much more parity, since the single-disc “Pirates” releases fetched about $25 in stores, while the “Matrix” sets, each with all three movies in the franchise, were priced significantly higher. The five-disc “The Ultimate Matrix Collection” lists for $119.99, with an Amazon.com price of $73.95, while “The Complete Matrix Trilogy” (three discs) goes for $99.99 (Amazon, $63.95)
I can only wait and see what Spiderman #s will look like once released on Blu-Ray

Its the article titled "High-Def Titles Battle It Out"

http://www.homemediaretailing.com/index.cfm?sec_id=2

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 08:36 PM   #2
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer

Default Re: But...But I thought Neo was going to bring victory to the HD-DVD Camp?

Comparing sales numbers of two products that, even though in the same catagory, are priced nearly $100 (80%) differently is not indicative of anything.

Comparing the sales of rubber Lance Armstrong bracelets vs diamond bracelets would clearly show diamonds are not popular this year.

Though if you compare total revenue, Neo made the HD-DVD camp more money than Pirates. $1.6M vs $1.2M

<---- Not an HD-DVD fan, but this is pretty thin in my mind.
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Burner_Tbird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 10:30 PM   #3
evilchris

Default Re: But...But I thought Neo was going to bring victory to the HD-DVD Camp?

You are an idiot if you think either camp will claim "victory" within the next 2 years or less.
Old 06-01-07, 04:01 PM   #4
OWA

Yeah, wasn't much of a battle. It might have been more interesting if they would have released them (the Matrix movies) separately.

OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 06:38 PM   #5
OWA

If the video codec is the same the movie will likely look the same on either format. That is, most reviewers don't notice a difference. If they're not using the same video codec. It's a more subjective. One might look a little sharper than the other but that might create other issues, for example. The audio specs aren't always equal though since a lot of the dual-format releases don't provide the same options, for some reason.

So, if everything is equal, pick which ever one you want.
Old 06-01-07, 06:58 PM   #6
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
If the video codec is the same the movie will likely look the same on either format. That is, most reviewers don't notice a difference. If they're not using the same video codec. It's a more subjective. One might look a little sharper than the other but that might create other issues, for example. The audio specs aren't always equal though since a lot of the dual-format releases don't provide the same options, for some reason.

So, if everything is equal, pick which ever one you want.
What if one has HDi and the other has BD-J? Wait... that wouldn't happen, lol.
Old 06-01-07, 06:59 PM   #7
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis
What should a person do if a movie is released on both formats and both releases have the same features (i.e. both are 5.1 releases)? I want to buy a couple movies that are in both HD DVD and BR but am not sure which is the best way to go. I can't get straight answers from evil cause he just likes to call me stupid.
HD DVD will have more features and advanced capabilities through HDi. Blu-ray is still very much a "beta" product.
Old 06-01-07, 07:00 PM   #8
OWA

Wait, shouldn't you be asking your wittle friend at AVS about what to think or wait, is that what you've been doing. lol.

Old 06-01-07, 07:02 PM   #9
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Wait, shouldn't you be asking your wittle friend at AVS about what to think or wait, is that what you've been doing. lol.
My wittle friend is actually a highly respected A/V expert, not a little PS3 fanboy pissant like you. Go cry on the feedback forum some more, kid.
Old 06-01-07, 07:04 PM   #10
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
My wittle friend is actually a highly respected A/V expert, not a little PS3 fanboy pissant like you. Go cry on the feedback forum some more, kid.
Uh oh, he's getting upset and might cry any minute. Stay tuned...
Old 06-01-07, 07:07 PM   #11
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Uh oh, he's getting upset and might cry any minute. Stay tuned...
OWA, I have about as much respect for you as I do kevpla1. Your ignorant posts and random retardation can't make me cry, don't worry. I would cry however if I was stuck with a setup as ****ty as yours...

...and we all know who whined to the admins about "leet speak".. WAWWAAAHhhhh im oWA I can't read leet speak ban him!"
Old 06-01-07, 07:11 PM   #12
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
If teh video codec = teh same teh movie wil likeley look teh same on iethar format!!!! That is, most reviewars don't notice a difference!!!! If theyr not using teh same video codec!!!! It's a more subjective!!!! One might look a little sharpar than teh othar but that might cre8 othar issues, for example!!!! teh audio specs aern't always equal thuogh since a lot of teh dual-format releases don't provide teh same options, for some reason. So, if everything = equal, pick which evar one U want.
Hmm..