Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-03, 10:11 AM   #97
Alexey

Send a message via ICQ to Alexey
Default Re: Problem solved

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgul
I've solved the problem in my computer!!!! Now it starts quicker than ever or, at least, as quick as usual.

What have I done? (will you probably ask).

Well, I only sit a while to read the problems' FAQ inside NVidia drivers' package's README file, the solution to our problems is there, believe me.

The only thing I had to do was to edit the XF86Config file, adding a line like the following:

Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "DFP, TV"

into the section named "Device". After doing that XWindow startup wasn't slow anymore, and I have NOT needed to update my graphic card's BIOS.

You can obtain more info about that option reading the README file I've talked about above. The line that I added works fine to me, but you will have to change it if you usually (I do) don't use a monitor (CRT, LCD, TFT or whatever), but a TV or some other kind of display device.

I hope this will be useful to you.

Regards,
Morgul
Hi, Morgul !!!

Many thanks for your reply, but ... I already try to use this options and others from README file ... Problem doesn't in slow start of X. X freeze on change of screen resolution (last line in X86xxxx.log) and stop at all ... I wait a 10 min but seems like it freeze forever
And ... "crazy" character on screen - doesn't have relation to TV or other devices as I suppose

Sorry for my English, once again
Alexey is offline   Reply With Quote