Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-13-07, 02:03 AM   #1
Rakeesh

Default Intel giving away two copies of vista ultimate to retail edge people?

Did anybody in the intel retail edge program get their copy of vista ultimate yet? I just got mine this morning and it seems that not only did they give me two DVD's (32-bit and 64-bit) but they also gave me a unique CD key for each of them.

I think they have effectively given me two copies of vista instead of just one, but I haven't tried to activate both keys at the same time yet. Apparently both cd keys work on either version. Intel was saying that you would be able to activate either x64 or x86 but not both. However they also said that they would only give one cdkey, and when they issued the beta it also only had one key but two DVD's.

If you can activate both then thats basically $800 worth of software they are giving away (Or at least, last I checked, vista ultimate full version is upwards of $400 at staples.)

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 08:59 PM   #2
Rakeesh

Default Re: Intel giving away two copies of vista ultimate to retail edge people?

Yep, looks like both keys work at the same time on different systems

My e-penis is larger than jakups now

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 03-13-07, 09:44 PM   #3
nrdstrm

Default Re: Intel giving away two copies of vista ultimate to retail edge people?

Woot!!! I got mine today...Sweet that it came with 2 keys....Gonna install this weekend (32 bit). I'm going to dualboot for a while though, since lexmark doesn't plan to release drivers for my damn printer...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 11:59 PM   #4
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Woot!!! I got mine today...Sweet that it came with 2 keys....Gonna install this weekend (32 bit). I'm going to dualboot for a while though, since lexmark doesn't plan to release drivers for my damn printer...
AFAIK both keys work for either 32-bit or 64-bit, in spite of coming on different jackets. It's totally bad ass, I didn't expect this at all, in fact at first I was under the impression that we were going to be crippled a bit

Old 03-14-07, 05:12 AM   #5
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
AFAIK both keys work for either 32-bit or 64-bit, in spite of coming on different jackets. It's totally bad ass, I didn't expect this at all, in fact at first I was under the impression that we were going to be crippled a bit
Yep...I'm SUPER stoked...I installed Vista onto my 74 Raptor (after using partition magic to make a secondary PRIMARY partition). Everything **HAS** gone flawless thus far...I fubared and installed the video card before the mobo drivers, so I'll have to see if that jacks things up at all (probably not)...I'm typing this from my Vista install and listening to an MP3 (The Shins - New Slang) and downloading mobo drivers. I still need to install my sound card (I'm listening to MP3's on my logitech usb headset wich installed automatically) - X-Fi Music, and Razer Copperhead. My printer has no vista drivers (nor do they plan to) so I will use XP till I get a new Printer (wich I really need anyway).

SOOOOO FREAKIN SWEET THEY GAVE US 2 KEYS!!! (I get a third for taking some Vista sales tests from MS. 3 copies of Ultimate for freebies!!! Excellent!

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 03:19 PM   #6
XDanger
Whaaat?

Can you use M$ Virtual PC in vista running windows 98 or linux or whatever and use hardware drivers from the virtual OS for hardware that vista doesnt support?
Old 03-14-07, 11:24 PM   #7
A101Sugar

Send a message via AIM to A101Sugar

I got my copy (or shall I say copies ) the other day.

Pretty sweet, 2 versions of vista for free.

Only down side... no retail box.... lol
A101Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-07, 12:14 AM   #8
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
My e-penis is larger than jakups now
Not a chance

Old 06-27-07, 03:21 PM   #9
A101Sugar

Send a message via AIM to A101Sugar

Thought I might wake this thread up.

I got a little info about the next Retail Edge...

For sure it will have a Quad. Q6600 FTW.

I got it confirmed by a friend who is an Intel rep. Not sure what mobo they will be bundling with it.

A101Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-07, 08:54 PM   #10
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

How did you guys get Vista copies through Intel? Or is this something to do with being on Nvnews cuz alot of you here got a copy free.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 06-30-07, 10:28 PM   #11
Rakeesh

Well you have to wear a shirt. Intel says no shirt, no shoes, no service. I'm a wolf so I don't have to wear a shirt.