Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-12-07, 03:34 AM   #13
Lelfe

Default Re: Dual/Single Link TMDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by plesch
as a not very elegant workaround, you could save the EDID of the DFP in a file while it is directly connected to the Quadro, using nvidia-settings. Then use the xorg.conf option to load that EDID from the file rather than getting it directly from the connected hardware while the switch is connected. It worked for me but there is a recent forum thread which discusses situations where saved EDIDs in a file were rejected by the driver as well.
I've continue decipher this problem and have finally found the same solution you proposed, as soon as I notice it exists.

Strangly, the driver v8762 has the 'Acquire EDID' button in nvidia-setting, but the CustomEDID option is not documented, even if it works ! But not without some problems.
I'm curious to know the history of this option. When was it added ? When have it become publicly available ? Stable ? Has its syntax changed ?

Thanks a lot for your replies.
Lelfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-07, 11:49 AM   #14
plesch

Default Re: Dual/Single Link TMDS

You are welcome. Do you plan to use, by any chance, stereo output with the Quadros ?

Andreas
plesch is offline   Reply With Quote