Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-10-07, 07:52 PM   #13
evilchris

Default Re: Sony does a price job, MS follows suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/07/09/...at-amazon-com/

A 2800% jump in sales is "practically no difference"? Granted a bunch of people might have been waiting for this price drop recently, and the sales should even out as time progresses, but I think $100 means a lot more than you realize

K
Only an idiot would take a look at ZERO DAY sales jumps and make anything of it.
Old 07-10-07, 07:59 PM   #14
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/07/09/...at-amazon-com/

A 2800% jump in sales is "practically no difference"? Granted a bunch of people might have been waiting for this price drop recently, and the sales should even out as time progresses, but I think $100 means a lot more than you realize

K
2800% of 0 equals 2,800 sales.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 08:35 PM   #15
nrdstrm

Have you guys missed the other Sony news? The new PS3 will be WITHOUT the emotion engine (it will use a software emulator that is supposed to be nowhere near as good)... At first when I heard of the price drop, I was kinda pissed that I bought mine a month ago, but after hearing the above, I'm ok with my purchase as the backward compatablity was a small (but significant) reason for my purchase...

Supposedly they are coming out with another SKU as well for a higher end model that will have a larger hard drive and what not...Guess we will see tomorrow or Thursday (I can't remember when the SOE press conference is atm)...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 09:03 PM   #16
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Have you guys missed the other Sony news? The new PS3 will be WITHOUT the emotion engine (it will use a software emulator that is supposed to be nowhere near as good)... At first when I heard of the price drop, I was kinda pissed that I bought mine a month ago, but after hearing the above, I'm ok with my purchase as the backward compatablity was a small (but significant) reason for my purchase...

Supposedly they are coming out with another SKU as well for a higher end model that will have a larger hard drive and what not...Guess we will see tomorrow or Thursday (I can't remember when the SOE press conference is atm)...
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94543
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 11:27 PM   #17
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Only an idiot would take a look at ZERO DAY sales jumps and make anything of it.
Ya, but him saying "it won't make a big difference" is perfectly acceptable because "after $400, no one really cares"

PS3 is still the top selling console on Amazon, days after the price drop- something it has rarely done. Even the PS3 Blueray DVD remote is beating the Wii. Regardless of it being "ZERO DAY" it's still making a difference. It might not win the console race because of it, but it is going to make a difference

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 11:55 PM   #18
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
2800% of 0 equals 2,800 sales.
Mathematically, that equals 0 sales.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-07, 01:05 PM   #19
Athena
spirit filled

Just saw on yahoo news and the gamedaily news letter today that their is no price drop on the 360s. bummer.
But I did see that Sony is going to release the new version of the PSP they have been saying for alomst a year is never going to happen.
Old 07-12-07, 01:10 PM   #20
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
Mathematically, that equals 0 sales.
You know, I started to comment on that...but I said maybe I misread that....
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-07, 05:52 PM   #21
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

PS3 sales are probably being driven by the fact that it's one of the most affordable Blu-ray players and you can get 5 movies with the purchase of one.
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote