Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA FreeBSD

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-23-07, 11:00 PM   #1
johnjen

Default Thanks to Nvidia for supporting FreeBSD!

I registered for this forum so I could say "thanks" to the developers of the Nvidia drivers for XFree86/Xorg and for their support of the FreeBSD OS! When it was time to rebuild my office machine, I voted with my wallet and Nvidia gets my vote! I've been a life-long ATI-buyer, but with your support and commitment to FreeBSD, I will be a life-long buyer of Nvidia from now on. Developers can forward this thread to "the suits" to show them it really is 'worth it'

Thanks again!
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 01:50 PM   #2
edhunterbg

Default Re: Thanks to Nvidia for supporting FreeBSD!

johnjen,
i thing that there is not so close
many of us greatly expects amd64 driver ;>> including me, i am sticking to current/i386 just because there is no nvidia driver for amd64

but I would like to say thanks too, to zander!
edhunterbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 02:25 PM   #3
zander
NVIDIA Corporation

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. Please note that feature parity with the Linux/x86 graphics driver and FreeBSD/amd64 support is largely gated by FreeBSD kernel limitations. We'll continue to work with FreeBSD developers to resolve these limitations, but we don't know how long this will take.
zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 07:39 PM   #4
atriq

It's understandable; things like this happen... random pieces of software can't always just automagically work together. Besides, if people want to criticize feature parity between the official FreeBSD and Linux drivers, I suggest they look at this page first to put it in perspective.
atriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-07, 06:05 AM   #5
Gon
PC-BSD Power!

Send a message via MSN to Gon
Thumbs up Re: Thanks to Nvidia for supporting FreeBSD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen
I registered for this forum so I could say "thanks" to the developers of the Nvidia drivers for XFree86/Xorg and for their support of the FreeBSD OS! When it was time to rebuild my office machine, I voted with my wallet and Nvidia gets my vote! I've been a life-long ATI-buyer, but with your support and commitment to FreeBSD, I will be a life-long buyer of Nvidia from now on. Developers can forward this thread to "the suits" to show them it really is 'worth it'

Thanks again!
Im with him. I also registered in this forum just to say u all "thanks a lot for all your great work". Im sure that all PC-BSD Community would like to say you thanks too.
Gon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 05:30 AM   #6
Nadow

You Nvidia guys rocks!!! Thanks for your support to FreeBSD. Keep up the good work!!!
Nadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-07, 02:45 AM   #7
mmlc31

Thumbs up Re: Thanks to Nvidia for supporting FreeBSD!

Thank you very very much Nvidia
mmlc31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-07, 02:54 PM   #8
totalAldo

I agree! Kudos to the developers. All your work is greatly appreciated.
totalAldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-07, 02:44 AM   #9
Grogan

Indeed, thanks for supporting our OSes. I'm mostly a Linux user, but spent the past few weeks using FreeBSD 7.0-current (needed newer kernel than stable for my rig). Apart from a bit of trouble locking up and panicking a few times on playing with the KDE screensavers (solution: don't do that) I was damned happy with the Nvidia driver.

I too was previously an ATI user just a few short years ago and they don't get my "vote" for anything now. Not even for Windows computers.

You folks do a great job of maintaining these drivers, and the forum is very helpful.
Grogan is offline   Reply With Quote