Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-03-03, 01:34 PM   #25
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

nVidia's profits? Going up faster than ATI's?

Are you guys on drugs or something? Sorry if this seemed offensive, but still...

nVidia's profits are SIGNIFICANTLY down in the past year ( of course, they're getting back on track in the fourth & first quarter, but they're still significantly down from one year ago in that same quarter )

I didn't look much at ATI reports, but from my understanding, they're barely making any profit, and it's been a while since they made any signifiant one too.
So, really, saying that nVidia's profits are up more than ATI's is completely wrong.

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-03, 03:32 PM   #26
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar

Are you guys on drugs or something? Sorry if this seemed offensive, but still...

nVidia's profits are SIGNIFICANTLY down in the past year ( of course, they're getting back on track in the fourth & first quarter, but they're still significantly down from one year ago in that same quarter )

I didn't look much at ATI reports, but from my understanding, they're barely making any profit, and it's been a while since they made any signifiant one too.
So, really, saying that nVidia's profits are up more than ATI's is completely wrong.

Uttar
A good explantion of why Nvidia has been door poorly, and just about every other company is, eveorn is doing bad.

My friend is a FedEx employee and they had a 'bad annoucment' to him, for the first time since FedEx started, they did not break the previous years profit record, they opend in the 1970's.

McDonolds, experinced the same thing, they never droped in sales/profits, but they did.

So you take 2 companys that are allways 'sure bets' to be at least stable or go up, and they go down, that means everons gonna be hurting.
Old 06-03-03, 05:45 PM   #27
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
With Hammer right around the corner, we don't need another AthlonXP motherboard from VIA. It will all be about who has the best performing Hammer board then. By all accounts it looks like nforce3 will be for Hammers, thank God.
Stealth. You bastard. Post a warning when there's a thread that mentions Hammer--I already decided (or think I've decided) to drop some coin on an nForce2 board with a Barton 3000+... and now you're talking about Hammer.... and now I want Hammer again....
Old 06-03-03, 06:46 PM   #28
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar

Uttar
I think he meant that nvidia is profitable, and continues to be, while ATI is not.
Old 06-03-03, 06:47 PM   #29
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Stealth. You bastard. Post a warning when there's a thread that mentions Hammer--I already decided (or think I've decided) to drop some coin on an nForce2 board with a Barton 3000+... and now you're talking about Hammer.... and now I want Hammer again....
Hammer, Hammer, Hammer, Hammer, Hammer. Take that!

HAMMER
Old 06-03-03, 08:31 PM   #30
The Baron

Meh, if the DSL actually works, maybe I'll just go ahead and order the shiz. Been waiting for too long on a SATA controller integrated into the nF2 chipset (not a Promise controller or something that runs at PCI speeds, but a truly integrated one), but meh... there still aren't any SATA drives... and then there's Hammer...

AH! NOT MORE HAMMER!