Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-04-03, 05:20 PM   #1
Pestlett

Default nforce drivers

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me since im new to the glories of Linux.
I have just downloaded the nforce 1.0-0256 drivers and prepared to install them. when it comes to compiling it, i type make and it is riddled with errors all seem to be with nvnet i think its the setup of the files pre-installation but have not a clue what to do. here are two examples of these errors, the last being the very last error message i got, i had 4 or 5 error messages of this sort:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/module.h:20,
from nvnet.h:20,
from nvnet.c:21:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error "================================================= ======"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error "You should not include /usr/include/{linux,asm}/ header"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:3:2: #error "files directly for the compilation of kernel modules."
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:4:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:5:2: #error "glibc now uses kernel header files from a well-defined"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:6:2: #error "working kernel version (as recommended by Linus Torvalds)"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:7:2: #error "These files are glibc internal and may not match the"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:8:2: #error "currently running kernel. They should only be"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:9:2: #error "included via other system header files - user space"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:10:2: #error "programs should not directly include <linux/*.h> or"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:11:2: #error "<asm/*.h> as well."
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:12:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:13:2: #error "To build kernel modules please do the following:"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:14:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:15:2: #error " o Have the kernel sources installed"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:16:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:17:2: #error " o Make sure that the symbolic link"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:18:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build exists and points to"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:19:2: #error " the matching kernel source directory"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:20:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:21:2: #error " o Now copy /boot/vmlinuz.version.h to"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:22:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux/version.h"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:23:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:24:2: #error " o When compiling, make sure to use the following"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:25:2: #error " compiler option to use the correct include files:"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:26:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:27:2: #error " -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:28:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:29:2: #error " instead of"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:30:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:31:2: #error " -I/usr/include/linux"
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:32:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:33:2: #error " Please adjust the Makefile accordingly."
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:34:2: #error "================================================= ======"

In file included from nvnet.h:31,
from nvnet.c:21:
/usr/include/linux/version.h:2:2: #error "================================================= ======"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:3:2: #error "You should not include /usr/include/{linux,asm}/ header"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:4:2: #error "files directly for the compilation of kernel modules."
/usr/include/linux/version.h:5:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:6:2: #error "glibc now uses kernel header files from a well-defined"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:7:2: #error "working kernel version (as recommended by Linus Torvalds)"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:8:2: #error "These files are glibc internal and may not match the"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:9:2: #error "currently running kernel. They should only be"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:10:2: #error "included via other system header files - user space"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:11:2: #error "programs should not directly include <linux/*.h> or"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:12:2: #error "<asm/*.h> as well."
/usr/include/linux/version.h:13:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:14:2: #error "To build kernel modules please do the following:"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:15:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:16:2: #error " o Have the kernel sources installed"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:17:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:18:2: #error " o Make sure that the symbolic link"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:19:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build exists and points to"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:20:2: #error " the matching kernel source directory"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:21:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:22:2: #error " o Now copy /boot/vmlinuz.version.h to"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:23:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux/version.h"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:24:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:25:2: #error " o When compiling, make sure to use the following"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:26:2: #error " compiler option to use the correct include files:"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:27:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:28:2: #error " -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:29:2: #error ""
/usr/include/linux/version.h:30:2: #error " instead of"
/usr/include/linux/version.h:31:2: #error ""

these are my errors. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and my nforce chip is on the Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL motherboard. If anymore info is needed please ask me since I am quite deperate to getting my network set up.

Thanks

Pestlett
Pestlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 11:00 PM   #2
gn000we
Earl of Tea

Send a message via ICQ to gn000we

Aiiih! No woorries maaan!

Had the same problem.. HAve you got Kernel sources installed?

I just installed the Kernel sources.. although still have problems, maybe you won't.

% rpm -qa | grep kernel

That showed me I had two kernels, and no source for either.
SO installed sources, through Mandrake Control Center (Should be on installation CD's or try finding out Kernel version.. I forget how.. look in /sbin, I think for the kernel version command (running kernel, that is)).

Then they (both src.rpm and tar) compiled ok.
Installed rpm, and tar.. nowt.. I ran Tuxracer to see.. still like mud!

Keep it cool, keep it grroooovie...
Old 06-04-03, 11:17 PM   #3
gn000we
Earl of Tea

Send a message via ICQ to gn000we

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...threadid=12315

Go there too.. very coool!
Old 06-05-03, 06:35 PM   #4
Pestlett

thanks man that worked perfectly .
you saved my life, you rock.
once again THANKS man.