Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-03, 03:43 PM   #49
digitalwanderer

Wink No, nv35 still is fastest at 3dmark2k3 330...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ady
Well i guess the latest discovered nvidia cheat kinda kills this one. They lose around 1000points without their af cheat don't they?
...but I think it loses it's crown on 3dmurk2k3, which isn't even an official benchmark so it doesn't count!!!

(Sorry, I'll stop soon...)
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-06-03, 04:37 PM   #50
Ady

thanks stealth.. and thanks for the laugh dig
Old 06-06-03, 07:08 PM   #51
poursoul
i eat people

Quote:
Originally posted by poursoul
Say there is a sport you love... let's say baseball. And a major contender.... let's say sammy sosa, is doing very well. At the peak of being loved he is caught cheating. Now, in the search through his gazillion (too many for one baseball player) other bats it is found that they are all clear.

Now let's say this guy hated the home run derby (or whatever it's called) but still participated because that was what he was good at. Would you still take his home runs into account after the fiasco?

I thought a while on this, and even though there are serious doubts in my mind i would.
Nevermind, my next card is ati.
Old 06-06-03, 07:24 PM   #52
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by poursoul
Nevermind, my next card is ati.
my next card Nvidia.
Old 06-06-03, 07:30 PM   #53
Moose
Cheating is for losers!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Just for fun, how the heck can you figure out which is the superior card for a game that ISN'T OUT YET! NOT EVEN A DEMO, IT DOESN'T EXIST YET!!!
Not to mention that the CARD isn't even out yet, and now it may be clocked slower than it was previewed at.

Hmmm sounds alot like the old bait n switch they did with the 5800 ultra doesn't it.
Old 06-06-03, 07:45 PM   #54
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Moose
Hmmm sounds alot like the old bait n switch they did with the 5800 ultra doesn't it.
WHAT 5800?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-06-03, 07:57 PM   #55
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
WHAT 5800?
i think he mean a 5900 ..

nevermind.. seems like the NV35 is not the fastest card in 3dmark2k3
sorry about that..
but as i have said before ,never buy a video card just for 3dmarks alone..
Doom3 and HL2 will clarify all the doubts about Nv35 performance.
Old 06-06-03, 08:16 PM   #56
eagle17

Quote:
Originally posted by extreme_dB
I don't see how the NV35 is the clear winner in UT2003. If anything, the 9800Pro seems to have the slight edge.

Here are 2 of the latest comparisons:

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardwa...view/page8.asp

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles...id=758&page=11
Ok I hate to take NV40's side but both of those reviews prove his point... (unless you play at 800x600, I would assume youi play at this res because you have bad eyesight and as shown you coud get the same scores with the 5600 or 9600 and pay $200 less)

I would not buy an nvidia card based on the cheating scandal though, unless they release new drivers that remove all cheats then I would consider them again... I hope they take the high road out of this so far they are not doing very well... at least ati admitted they cheated and removed the cheats... now lets see if nvidia can do the same...

As far as this benchmark being meaningless, I know and have seen people in compusa and bestbuy who claim that the reason to buy a card is it has the highest 3dmark... so this bench can sway people and that does make it legitamate. and if it is true that dell uses this to decide (I can't believe they are that naive I bet they decide on money!) then that would also make this bechmark VERY legitamate.

Now I do have one issue with NV40....! I do not see your argument on the ansiof done on ati and nvdia... didn't nvidia switch to adaptive also.. I know there have been tests that show that one might be a little better than the other but it is not nearly the differance than with the nv2x cards...

NV40,
I think you need to just admit it. ATI/ARTX brougt out a superier card than what nvidia was even working on and really shocked the poo out of them and they are still trying to regroup...

I know you want to blame all these different things on why the nvidia solution is not up to par... I mean problems at tsmc, problems with ddr2, but the biggest problem is that NVIDIA got a superiority complex and didn't think any one could nock them of the top of the hill... to that I say good job ATI, and watch out they will be back... (nvidia that is)edit: what I meant to say here is if you read those articles the 5900ultra beats all of the ati cards at resolutions that are not processor dependent.. in other words the nvidia drivers can probably still be tweaked a little. and then the gap would be very noticable.

Old 06-06-03, 08:20 PM   #57
eagle17

ahh crap I hope you guys realize that the edit is for the first paragraph... first time I tried to edit a post..
Old 06-06-03, 08:31 PM   #58
StealthHawk

This thread has gone so far off topic that it has absolutely nothing to do with with original post.

Also, when taking in account recent events it seems that the NV35 no longer retains the slim lead it had with eye candy turn on in 3dmark03.

/Topic closed

Closed Thread