Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-07, 10:06 AM   #1
Widgeteye1

Default 7600 gs graphics stutter

I have just purchased M2NPV-VM mother board with Nvidia Nforce chips
and purchased a 7600 GS video card. The drivers that came with the motherboard for the Nforce onboard NIC and SOund don't work. And the Nvidia 7600 GS video card has a horrible stutter when I try to play any game or use FLightGear flight simulator.

I am at this time more concerned with the video card because I know that once I upgrade to the latest Slackware, most likely the new drivers will be a part of the OS dist.

NOw on to the Video card. I installed the latest drivers for the card with no joy. I have no fancy modules loaded in Xorg.conf aside from the GLX and what's needed to get the card to work. I have always used Nvidia cards so there is damned little that needs to be changed in the .conf files upon upgrade of cards.

There is a problem with this card. I have searched the messages on this site and found several with the same problem on the same card. I have seen NO remedies to the problem. Is anyone at Nvidia Addressing this problem?

Looking at a search on Google this is a problem for Windows users and Linux alike.
I would hate to think I spent this kind of money for a video card that is useless for gaming.

ANyway here's the pertinant info about my system:

The above mentioned MB with ;
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
2GB ram
Nvidia 7600 gs video

Thanks
Widgeteye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 12:39 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: 7600 gs graphics stutter

Please see the forum sticky posts.