Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-07, 03:24 PM   #1
celticdaddio

Default Setting up TwinView/Clone with nvidia Quadro FC 4400 and two Flat Panel Monitors

I have an nvidia Quadro FC 4400. It has dual dvi links. I have two Flat Panel monitors. Each of which has both analog and DVI inputs. The OS is FC7 x84_64. This is a test system I am using for development. The target system is very similar. It also has a Quadro FX 4500, but the OS is FC6 x84_64.

I want to set this system up so that I have a TwinView/clone setup. That is, I need identical output on both monitors. I also have to have accelerated 3D.

I have been researching this method and trying to do this, but have run into problems. The problem(s) being, that nothing I try works.

One thing that I read that seems odd is this:

Quote:
Dual link DVI video cards: (i.e. Quadro FX) The nVidia graphics cards with a single "dual link" DVI interface (also known as DVI-DL) are used for a single very high resolution screen or can be used to drive two analog monitors. The "dual link" DVI connector has many more pins than the traditional "single link" DVI connector. These graphics cards can use a "Y" connector from the single "dual link" DVI output to two analog VGA connectors to drive two monitors. The configuration is the same as the "TwinView" configuration detailed above except that one must specify: Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT,CRT"
which I found here: http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...lMonitors.html

Can someone please help me with this? I have the nvidia driver installed already, version 100.14.19.

Thank you,
CD
celticdaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 03:28 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Setting up TwinView/Clone with nvidia Quadro FC 4400 and two Flat Panel Monitors

Please see the forum sticky posts, and elaborate on what "nothing I try works" actually means.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 04:30 PM   #3
celticdaddio

Default Re: Setting up TwinView/Clone with nvidia Quadro FC 4400 and two Flat Panel Monitors

Attached is my xorg.conf
I see no output on the second monitor.
The output on the first monitor appears normal.
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
Please see the forum sticky posts, and elaborate on what "nothing I try works" actually means.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (4.1 KB, 206 views)
Old 10-11-07, 04:33 PM   #4
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Please follow the instructions in the forum sticky posts
Old 10-11-07, 04:42 PM   #5
celticdaddio

Which sticky? I didn't see informatoin on how to set up TwinView in any of the stickys for this forum.

CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
Please follow the instructions in the forum sticky posts
Old 10-11-07, 04:43 PM   #6
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678