Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-07, 11:16 AM   #1
skoprowski

Default Xbox 360- I'm impressed

I haven't owned a console system since the Sega Genesis-I've been an exclusive PC gamer for 15+ years. After a lot of peer pressure from some friends who convinced me to get a 360 to play Halo3 with them and a little inheritance money from grandma, I purchased a 360 elite about 2 weeks ago. I hate to say this, but I am extremely impressed with the functionality of the 360. The marketplace is great and so is Xbox live. I have barely gamed on my PC since I got the 360- if it wasn't for the UT3Demo I don't think I would have gamed on the PC at all.

It's too bad there are so many hardware issues with the 360 because I think Microsoft has really nailed the whole gaming experience IMHO. I almost bought a PS3 mainly because of blu-ray but I am glad I got the 360 now. I couldn't find many games on the PS3 that interest me as much as the 360.

I really did not expect to be this impressed with a console. My only trouble is getting used to a controller instead of a mouse/kb for FPS shooters. It does run a little hot and loud at times, but I have had no lockups yet and I bought the 2 year replacement plan from Best Buy.
eVGA 8800GTX
BFG Ageia PPU 128 pci
Audigy X-fi Audio pci express
Coolermaster 850w
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Windows XP Pro 64bit
skoprowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 10:01 PM   #2
FearMeAll

Default Re: Xbox 360- I'm impressed

I have every gaming platform out and I do admit the xbox360 is quite sweet. I enjoy a lot out of it and xbox live is sweet at least to me. I like getting tv episodes and high def movies so easily as well...plus the games look great.
I am on my second xbox but this one is an elite and it has no issues at all so far so I am very pleased.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 11:10 PM   #3
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I tell you. I played on and off with my brothers system since launch but having my own which I bought about September has really made me fall for the system. And I have gamed more on it in that short amount of time than I have on my PC probably the whole year. Its just a damn shame Microsoft dropped the ball hardware wise because functionality wise it cant be beat and I love my PSP and Playstations. As PC gamers we are used much of what we see on 360 but that still doesn't take anything away from it and if anything adds to it as you can get off the PC. I love browsing the marketplace though its a nickel and dime operation and would like to see a browser added.

The big factor of why its such a great system though is that you feel connected to it in a personal way like your PC desktop. Also there is the connection with friends and many other gamers. I talk to my buds scattered about all the time on the system though I don't have gold to play any games with them. People say the Wii is the most innovative but I think the 360 is the one that has brought the most to the table and changed the industry the most user functionality wise and more.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 01:05 AM   #4
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
I tell you. I played on and off with my brothers system since launch but having my own which I bought about September has really made me fall for the system. And I have gamed more on it in that short amount of time than I have on my PC probably the whole year. Its just a damn shame Microsoft dropped the ball hardware wise because functionality wise it cant be beat and I love my PSP and Playstations. As PC gamers we are used much of what we see on 360 but that still doesn't take anything away from it and if anything adds to it as you can get off the PC. I love browsing the marketplace though its a nickel and dime operation and would like to see a browser added.

The big factor of why its such a great system though is that you feel connected to it in a personal way like your PC desktop. Also there is the connection with friends and many other gamers. I talk to my buds scattered about all the time on the system though I don't have gold to play any games with them. People say the Wii is the most innovative but I think the 360 is the one that has brought the most to the table and changed the industry the most user functionality wise and more.
+1

ive gamed so much on my 360 in the past year. my PC hasnt really been getting a lot of use. probably the main reason why i havent updated it in so long.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 02:32 AM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yeah, I'm another on the bandwagon... Other than a Super Nintendo I was a PC gamer pretty much forever but the 360 got me into the console craze pretty fast. I've bought more games for that thing than makes sense, that's for sure.

It started out I only got exclusives on it, getting everything I could for PC... Then I got a couple things for 360 also on PC... Now I'm pretty much at the point where I only get exclusives on PC... pretty quick turnaround. As said, they pretty much nailed what I have always liked/loved about gaming along with a strong stable of american developers making the games I like, and while my PC can "out-pimp" the 360 it's visuals on an HDTV hold up very well compared.

It even persuaded me to get a PS3 and Wii for the entire console experience. Yeah, I'm that crazy. The PS3 is actually better hardware wise, in my opinion, it just needs more good games.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote